Re: [Airolite_Boats] Re: DVD

  • jm_silverman@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 36 , Jan 16, 2010
      Hey everyone, still monitor the list.  Funny you should mention the DVDs because I was cleaning out my bookcase over the holidays and found 3 copies of the DVD.

      K7DDG gets first dibs which leaves 2 more copies.  Let me know if you want one.

      Joel
      612-203-2621

      Message 36 of 36 , Feb 24, 2011
        After Platt Monfort passed over the bar (nearly 6 years ago; hard to believe it's been that long), his wife Betty was running the business, and his son Tim was taking care of the web site maintenance and presumably the shopping cart software, etc. Since the GABoats.com site is still up, apparently orders for plans, *his* video, etc. are still being processed (although I haven't ordered anything from there since shortly after Platt died.) Just to be clear, I hold Platt and his accomplishments (which include such diverse items as GitRot, ferrocement boat technology, and an instruction book on making toy airplanes from McDonald's polystyrene containers, as well as GA boat tech) in the highest regard, but my past experience in trying to watch his video at night was that I never made it all the way through without falling asleep. Different strokes for different folks...

        -Roland