Re: Covering Fabrics etc: Alternative Suppliers in UK / Europe

  • keyhavenpotterer
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 24, 2009
      First post! UK based near Lymington. Thinking of the Arrow 14 at the moment.

      This UK supplier of kevlar tow may be able to help. 7p a metre.

      http://www.freeflightsupplies.co.uk/hitech.htm#cloth%20&%20tow

      The Kevlar is .33 grm/m is that ok?

      Brian

      --- In Airolite_Boats@yahoogroups.com, Nick Wood <nwood660@...> wrote:

      > Hi Keith
      >
      > Thanks for the information on Skycraft, much appreciated. I think either LAS or possibly GA Boats is going to be the way to go for the kevlar depending on price, P&P, VAT etc.
      >
      > Kind Regards
      >
      > Nick

    • keyhavenpotterer
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 24, 2009
        The Dacron is available in the UK from Skycraft. They sell Diatex which has an equivalent to ceconite
        Diatex 1000 substitutes Ceconite 103 and is 60" wide
        Diatex 1500 substitutes Ceconite 102 and is 75" wide
        Diatex 2000 substitutes Ceconite 101 and is 75" wide

        http://www.sky-craft.co.uk/acatalog/Skycraft_Sales_Diatex_250.html

        Brian

        --- In Airolite_Boats@yahoogroups.com, "keyhavenpotterer" <brianpearson@...> wrote:

        > First post! UK based near Lymington. Thinking of the Arrow 14 at the moment.
        >
        > This UK supplier of kevlar tow may be able to help. 7p a metre.
        >
        > http://www.freeflightsupplies.co.uk/hitech.htm#cloth%20&%20tow
        >
        > The Kevlar is .33 grm/m is that ok?
        >
        > Brian
        >
        > --- In Airolite_Boats@yahoogroups.com, Nick Wood <nwood660@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi Keith
        > >
        > > Thanks for the information on Skycraft, much appreciated. I think either LAS or possibly GA Boats is going to be the way to go for the kevlar depending on price, P&P, VAT etc.
        > >
        > > Kind Regards
        > >
        > > Nick

      • Nick Wood
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2009
          Hi Brian

          Apologies for the late reply. Thanks for the heads-up on the kevlar, looks promising. The kevlar GA Boats sell is 1420 denier so 3000 should be fine. BTW denier is defined as mass in grams of 9000 metre of yarn.

          On the general subject of SOF boats, I've found the following websites to be useful:-
          http://yostwerks.com/

          And this site is useful, see thr Blackfly dinghy http://www.tdem.co.nz/boat.html

          Regards

          Nick