Re: [Airolite_Boats] Re: video

  • Roland Deschain
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 12 1:05 PM
      I believe that is the one (sans plans, of course.) The segment transitions are only indicated by fades on my DVD - I'd need to watch the whole thing in real-time to confirm that the number is 6, but it does cover the entire project from start to finish. My DVD is 56:29 minutes in length. If I recall correctly, it had only been available on VHS, and Joel had it converted to DVD. Maybe part of the arrangement was to give a DVD master copy to the Boat Shop. In any event, it's good to see that it now is freely available.

      -Roland
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 12 3:03 PM
        With all due respect, could members of the listserv please keep emails that are between members addressed so that only the members receive them?  Clicking REPLY sends the email to everyone on the listserv, clogging up the 'net.

        Thanks

        Beau Schless

        Roland Deschain <rueffingkidding@...>
        Sent by: Airolite_Boats@yahoogroups.com

        04/12/2009 04:05 PM

        Please respond to
        Airolite_Boats@yahoogroups.com

        Airolite_Boats@yahoogroups.com
        cc
        Subject
        Re: [Airolite_Boats] Re: video

        bk2@...> wrote:

        > From: Bill Keiser <
        bk2@...>
        > Subject: [Airolite_Boats] Re: video
        > To:
        Airolite_Boats@yahoogroups.com
        > Date: Sunday, April 12, 2009, 8:30 AM
        > is it this one? does it have all six segments from the show
        > on it?
        > <
        http://www.theboatshop.com/plans/nimrod.shtml>
        > bill keiser

      • Roland Deschain
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 13 2:58 AM
          What could possibly cause you to conclude that exchanges of information regarding the continued availability of the Boat Shop/Nimrod video are not of general interest to the Geodesic Airolite builder community and therefore suitable to post to the list?  I assure you that my responses on the subject were intended to be so posted.

          -Roland

          Roland Deschain <rueffingkidding@ yahoo.com>

          bk2@sharpstick. org>
          > Subject: [Airolite_Boats] Re: video
          > To:
          Airolite_Boats@ yahoogroups. com
          > Date: Sunday, April 12, 2009, 8:30 AM
          > is it this one? does it have all six segments from the show
          > on it?
          > <
          http://www.theboats hop.com/plans/ nimrod.shtml>
          > bill keiser

        • William Crews
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 13 7:34 AM
            Thanks Roland for your help. By the way, as a result of my "Reply" posting I rec'd help from two other members who answered "off group". I think this is how this is supposed to. work. Thanks to all of you, I am on my way.
            Bill C

            bk2@sharpstick. org>
            > Subject: [Airolite_Boats] Re: video
            > To:
            Airolite_Boats@ yahoogroups. com
            > Date: Sunday, April 12, 2009, 8:30 AM
            > is it this one? does it have all six segments from the show
            > on it?
            > <
            http://www.theboats hop.com/plans/ nimrod.shtml>
            > bill keiser

          • pjacobs55
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 13 9:20 AM
              I find all chatter between members of interest, as long as it's boat-related.
              For those who don't wish to overload their email boxes there is an option to:
              "Web Only - Don't get notified of the latest happenings. Read messages only on the web."
              This is the option I use, checking in only when I have enough quality time to enjoy 'boat stuff'.
              Peter.

              --- In Airolite_Boats@yahoogroups.com, bschless@... wrote:

              > With all due respect, could members of the listserv please keep emails
              > that are between members addressed so that only the members receive them?
              > Clicking REPLY sends the email to everyone on the listserv, clogging up
              > the 'net.
              >
              > Thanks
              >
              > Beau Schless
              >

              > Roland Deschain <rueffingkidding@...>
              > Sent by: Airolite_Boats@yahoogroups.com
              > 04/12/2009 04:05 PM
              > Please respond to
              > Airolite_Boats@yahoogroups.com

              > Airolite_Boats@yahoogroups.com
              > cc
              >
              > Subject
              > Re: [Airolite_Boats] Re: video

              > I believe that is the one (sans plans, of course.) The segment transitions
              > are only indicated by fades on my DVD - I'd need to watch the whole thing
              > in real-time to confirm that the number is 6, but it does cover the entire
              > project from start to finish. My DVD is 56:29 minutes in length. If I
              > recall correctly, it had only been available on VHS, and Joel had it
              > converted to DVD. Maybe part of the arrangement was to give a DVD master
              > copy to the Boat Shop. In any event, it's good to see that it now is
              > freely available.
              >
              > -Roland

            • Roland Deschain
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 14 3:33 AM
                Thanks, but I maintain that the subject was central to the purpose of this list. It _belonged_ here.

                -Roland

              • ted.harris@ymail.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 29 6:39 PM
                  In regards to wood in NC, I just found out about a lumber company in Mayodan, NC. I think it is around 2 hours west of Raleigh. You can checkout the web site at www.walllumber.com.

                  Here is a couple more NC lumber vendors:
                  Gibsonville, NC www.hardwoodstore.com

                  Raleigh - McEwen Lumber, 4725 Auburn Knightdale Rd, 27610, (919) 772 2361

                  Raleigh - Capital City Lumber, 4216 Beryl Road, 27606, 919-832-6492
                  www.capitolcitylumber.com

                  Hope this helps.
                  Ted

                  --- In Airolite_Boats@yahoogroups.com, "rueffingkidding" <rueffingkidding@...> wrote:

                  > According to my C-12 plan set BOM, the long softwood pieces are:
                  > 1 ea 3/8 x 2-5/6 x 12' keelson
                  > 4 ea 3/8 x 1 x 14' gunwale/inwale
                  > 12 ea 3/8 x 3/8 x 14' stringer
                  > 2 ea 7/16 x 1/2 x 14' rub rail
                  > 1 ea 1/4 x 1/2 x 12' outer keel
                  > 3 ea 3/8 x 2-3/4 x 10' floorboard
                  > 1 ea 1 x 1 x 12 seat frame
                  > If cost is a major issue, you might want to compare dimensional lumber prices in Ohio & NC - lots of lumbering down that way.
                  >
                  > By "video", do you mean Platt Monfort's, or the DVD from "TheBoatShop.com" from which jm_siverman had copies produced and made available to the group? If you do not have the latter item, you should check to see if a copy remains available - highly recommended.
                  >
                  > Hope that helps.
                  >
                  > -Roland
                  >
                  > --- In Airolite_Boats@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Crews" <hophar98@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Will someone share with me the recomended sizes for the Classic 12.
                  > > It seems I read somewhere they are 1/2 x 3/8" but I want to be sure. I could go ahead and rip them 5/8''square and plane them to size later.
                  > > I have just rec'd. the video and intend to order the kit and plans soon. However, I will be relocating from Toledo, Ohio to near Raleigh,NC later this fall. I want to have those items,(kit & plans) shipped to Raleigh, but would like to go ahead and get started cutting the rough material here and now. I have a table saw here but my thickness planer is in Raleigh.
                  > > If this is a no-no, I certainly understand. Thanks either way.
                  > > Bill C.

                • William Crews
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 30 5:19 AM
                    Hey Ted,  Thanks a bunch, I'm sure this will help. I'll let you know when we get there.
                    Bill C

                    Here is a couple more NC lumber vendors:
                    Gibsonville, NC  www.hardwoodstore.com

                    Raleigh - McEwen Lumber, 4725 Auburn Knightdale Rd, 27610, (919) 772 2361

                    Raleigh - Capital City Lumber, 4216 Beryl Road, 27606, 919-832-6492
                    www.capitolcitylumber.com

                    Hope this helps.
                    Ted

                    --- In Airolite_Boats@yahoogroups.com, "rueffingkidding" <rueffingkidding@...> wrote:

                    > According to my C-12 plan set BOM, the long softwood pieces are:
                    >  1 ea 3/8 x 2-5/6 x 12'  keelson
                    >  4 ea 3/8 x 1 x 14' gunwale/inwale
                    > 12 ea 3/8 x 3/8 x 14' stringer
                    >  2 ea 7/16 x 1/2 x 14' rub rail
                    >  1 ea 1/4 x 1/2 x 12' outer keel
                    >  3 ea 3/8 x 2-3/4 x 10' floorboard
                    >  1 ea 1 x 1 x 12 seat frame
                    > If cost is a major issue, you might want to compare dimensional lumber prices in Ohio & NC - lots of lumbering down that way.
                    >
                    > By "video", do you mean Platt Monfort's, or the DVD from "TheBoatShop.com"  from which jm_siverman had copies produced and made available to the group?  If you do not have the latter item, you should check to see if a copy remains available - highly recommended.
                    >
                    > Hope that helps.
                    >
                    > -Roland
                    >
                    > --- In Airolite_Boats@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Crews" <hophar98@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Will someone share with me the recomended sizes for the Classic 12.
                    > > It seems I read somewhere they are 1/2 x 3/8" but I want to be sure. I could go ahead and rip them 5/8''square and plane them to size later.
                    > > I have just rec'd. the video and intend to order the kit and plans soon. However, I will be relocating from Toledo, Ohio to near Raleigh,NC later this fall. I want to have those items,(kit & plans) shipped to Raleigh, but would like to go ahead and get started cutting the  rough material here and now. I have a table saw here but my thickness planer is in Raleigh.
                    > > If this is a no-no, I certainly understand. Thanks either way.
                    > > Bill C..

                    <*> Your email settings:
                        Individual Email | Traditional

                    <*> To change settings online go to: