Re: [Airolite_Boats] Re: Stringer/Stem Joint Question

  • mike&jane_osz
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 9, 2008
      Kurt,
      Best o' luck..post some photos, when you get a chance.
      Mike
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 10, 2008
        Hi Kurt, I'm on my third Airolite now(two Snowshoes and a Nimrod).
        The first one I did I decided as you that I would twist the stringers
        to land flat on the stem.
        I achieved this by attaching clamps to the stringers to give me the
        required leverage. There hasn't been any structual problems in doing
        this but there's been no advantages show up either. In both
        subsequent builds I've followed Platt's instructions - a whole lot
        less trouble and it works out easy.
        Peter