Re: [Airolite_Boats] Attaching Dacron to Keelson?

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2008

      Get it shrunk down before gluing it on the keelson

      Beau Schless
      President/CEO
      NOTEbookS Library Automation Systems
      Celebrating 15 years exceeding customers' expectations
      HTTP://WWW.RASCO.COM
      PH: 1.(978) 443-2996

      "ekmanemil" <ekmanemil@...>
      Sent by: Airolite_Boats@yahoogroups.com

      08/03/2008 07:17 PM

      Please respond to
      Airolite_Boats@yahoogroups.com

      Airolite_Boats@yahoogroups.com
      cc
      Subject
      [Airolite_Boats] Attaching Dacron to Keelson?

      I have put heat n bond on everywhere and draped the Dacron over the
      frame. The video and the written instructions on how to place the
      Dacron on a bias are unclear. Hence, I have fitted the Dacron the only
      way it is possible and that is that. The instructions call for a line
      of heat n bond down the keelson but there is never a mention on when
      to fasten the Dacron to the heat n bond along the keelson. Logic
      suggests that the Dacron be heated along the keelson after the Dacron
      is secured everywhere else. I would appreciate any help in this. Thanks.

    • Browne Altman
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 8, 2008
        I am also a first time builder of this type of boat. I also was
        unable to get the Dacron to fit on the bias. I had no problems with
        the Dacron being on the square.

        I did secure the Dacron to the keelson. This allowed me to tension
        the fabric as I secured it to the gunnel.

        The instructions also said to have an additional 8 inches below the
        gunnel which I could not acheive. No problem as long as I had
        enough to hold on to so I could pull down as I secured the edge.

        I was plesently surprised at how well the process went and with the
        results.

        Browne Altman

        --- In Airolite_Boats@yahoogroups.com, "ekmanemil" <ekmanemil@...>