Re: [Airolite_Boats] Re: Sea Trials - Seat Position and leaks

    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 9, 2008
      I'm rethinking my 10' classic.  Maybe it should be a sailboat.  Does anyone have experience putting leeboards (versus a centerboard) on a classic?

      Beau Schless
      President/CEO
      NOTEbookS Library Automation Systems
      Celebrating 15 years exceeding customers' expectations
      HTTP://WWW.RASCO.COM
      PH: 1.(978) 443-2996

      "kmuldrew2" <kmuldrew@...>
      Sent by: Airolite_Boats@yahoogroups.com

      07/09/2008 07:29 AM

      Please respond to
      Airolite_Boats@yahoogroups.com

      Airolite_Boats@yahoogroups.com
      cc
      Subject

      --- In Airolite_Boats@yahoogroups.com, sanford count <sandyroz@...> wrote:

      > Our remaining problem is rigging a snotter. Any ideas? Sandy

      On my Blivit, I used a windsurfing mast. Since 2" ABS plumbing pipe
      fits almost perfectly around that, I cut off about a 6" piece of pipe
      and cut it in half lengthwise. Then I glued 1/8" foam rubber on the
      inside of both halves, riveted hinges on one side so that the cylinder
      could be opened and closed, and riveted the buckles from an old
      rollerblade onto the other side to clamp it shut. Then I bolted a J
      hook onto the tube.

      After raising my sail, I just clamp the snotter assembly onto the mast
      and hang the boom over the hook with a small loop of rope tied to the
      front of the boom.

      Works like a charm and I didn't have to bolt anything into the mast.