Fluted Beams - Compressed Hardwood

  • jm_silverman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2007
      I may have mentioned in an earlier post but I am thinking about using
      a wood product from Fluted Beams for making the ribs in my boat.
      Check out this recent article about the company.

      http://www.thenewstribune.com/business/columnists/voelpel/story/6340848
      p-5526049c.html

      This wood can be bent cold and has a very long working time. Once
      dried, it holds the shape. This is possible due to the changes in the
      wood at the molecular level.

      Anyway, just another idea for building wooden boats.

      Joel
    • bubba
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 18, 2007
        Is this link correct? I am not getting anything. The idea sounds
        good and would be interested in any progress that you have with this.

        Keep us posted

        cb