Almost completed my nimrod

  • trentm
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 19, 2013
      After a couple of months of off and on work the nimrod is almost completed. What a fun project. Stringers, gunwhales, keel etc where all created from a green Doug fir 2x12. Ribs are steamed ash All rib/stringer connections were lashed with artificial sinew.
      Dacron covering with water based spar urethane. All wood was treated with teak oil before covering.

      The rub rails are attached and will get their final coat of finish tomorrow morning. More pics to come

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/64229058@N08/8574228930/
    • Peter
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 21, 2013
        What a beautiful job you've made .... I hope you enjoy using it a lot!
        Peter.

        --- In Airolite_Boats@yahoogroups.com, "trentm" <trentmorr@...> wrote:

        > After a couple of months of off and on work the nimrod is almost completed. What a fun project. Stringers, gunwhales, keel etc where all created from a green Doug fir 2x12. Ribs are steamed ash All rib/stringer connections were lashed with artificial sinew.
        > Dacron covering with water based spar urethane. All wood was treated with teak oil before covering.
        >
        > The rub rails are attached and will get their final coat of finish tomorrow morning. More pics to come
        >
        > http://www.flickr.com/photos/64229058@N08/8574228930/

      • Peter Graessle
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 21, 2013
          Well done!! Beautiful boat.

          Peter

          Peter Graessle / Robeson Marketing, Inc.
          3008 Bluegrass Ct. Jeffersonville, IN 47130
          502-216-8073 OFFICE: 812-284-6204 FAX
          Email: pete.graessle@... ***notice new email, please change your records

          What a beautiful job you've made .... I hope you enjoy using it a lot!
          Peter.

          --- In Airolite_Boats@yahoogroups.com, "trentm" <trentmorr@...> wrote:

          > After a couple of months of off and on work the nimrod is almost completed. What a fun project. Stringers, gunwhales, keel etc where all created from a green Doug fir 2x12. Ribs are steamed ash All rib/stringer connections were lashed with artificial sinew.
          > Dacron covering with water based spar urethane. All wood was treated with teak oil before covering.
          >
          > The rub rails are attached and will get their final coat of finish tomorrow morning. More pics to come
          >
          > http://www.flickr.com/photos/64229058@N08/8574228930/

        • Tim Anderson
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 22, 2013
            Have you named her yet? Perhaps you should name her after the wife of Nimrod, "Astarte", Goddess of the spring and the origin of the word Easter. Tim P Anderson Swamp Dwelling boat builder