Arrow 14 or Snowshoe 14

  • caddy4abuck
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2012
      I'm looking at building one of these as my first project. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions about one vs another. I'm concerned about stability. The intended use of the boat is for fishing some of the smaller lakes in my area that don't have an official boat ramp to access them. I don't want something that's going to flip when I make a cast! I'm a bigger guy at 230lbs which limits my choices of boat from Airolite. I'm not a very experienced paddler either. Eventually I may bring it to the BWCA for an extended weekend of camping.

      I'm thinking the Showshoe 14 or the Arrow 14 would be good contenders, but I'm open to suggestions.

      Thanks!
    • mgrogg@juno.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2012
        Snowshoe 16. Weighs about 5-7 pounds more, has a lot more capacity. You are really a bit large for the Arrow, even before adding in the commotion caused by fishing.

        My .02,

        Michael Grogg

        I'm looking at building one of these as my first project. I was wondering if anyone
        had any opinions about one vs another. I'm concerned about stability. The intended use of
        the boat is for fishing some of the smaller lakes in my area that don't have an official
        boat ramp to access them. I don't want something that's going to flip when I make a cast!
        I'm a bigger guy at 230lbs which limits my choices of boat from Airolite. I'm not a very
        experienced paddler either. Eventually I may bring it to the BWCA for an extended weekend
        of camping.

        I'm thinking the Showshoe 14 or the Arrow 14 would be good contenders, but I'm open to
        suggestions.

        Thanks!

        Banks Forced to Forgive Credit Card Debt
        See how much of your debt could be settled!
        http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4fccb01774841185f48st01vuc