Re: Free strongback in Seattle

  • rueffingkidding
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 28, 2011
      Just FWIW (and hopefully not too terribly OT), Chesapeake Light Craft (CLC Boats) added a strongback kit to their catalog for a what seems to me to be the very reasonable price of $85 (link:
      http://www.clcboats.com/shop/products/boat-building-supplies-epoxy-fiberglass-plywood/marine-plywood-cedar-strips/kayak-strongback.html
      ) Item is 20' long, intended to be cut down to length. The only potential gotcha I see here is shipping cost, which could be significant even though the strongback ships knocked down. Even so, this should be a viable option for builders in the Mid-Atlantic states, at least (CLC is in Annapolis, MD.) I plan to get one as soon as I make room by completing a half-dozen or so projects residing in my shed :) I have no connection with CLC other than familiarity with their reputation.

      -Roland