Free strongback in Seattle

  • Steve Kauffman
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 27, 2011

      I've got a 12 foot long strongback that I built for my Classic 12 a few years ago. It has been sitting out in the weather but I think is still serviceable.  Free to a good home.

    • Qben Oliver
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 27, 2011
        I'll take it if it's still in good shape.

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 27, 2011

          I stood on it today, seems like it is still structurally sound. It could use a scrubdown.

          Please let me know if you're interested, there are others but I'd prefer to give it to someone who might build another boat on it.

          I'm in the Maple Leaf neighborhood, 95th and Roosevelt area.

          Steve

          I'll take it if it's still in good shape.

          I've got a 12 foot long strongback that I built for my Classic 12 a few years ago. It has been sitting out in the weather but I think is still serviceable.  Free to a good home.

        • rueffingkidding
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 28, 2011
            Just FWIW (and hopefully not too terribly OT), Chesapeake Light Craft (CLC Boats) added a strongback kit to their catalog for a what seems to me to be the very reasonable price of $85 (link:
            http://www.clcboats.com/shop/products/boat-building-supplies-epoxy-fiberglass-plywood/marine-plywood-cedar-strips/kayak-strongback.html
            ) Item is 20' long, intended to be cut down to length. The only potential gotcha I see here is shipping cost, which could be significant even though the strongback ships knocked down. Even so, this should be a viable option for builders in the Mid-Atlantic states, at least (CLC is in Annapolis, MD.) I plan to get one as soon as I make room by completing a half-dozen or so projects residing in my shed :) I have no connection with CLC other than familiarity with their reputation.

            -Roland