Re: which boat

  • Mark Albanese
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 20, 2011
      Tough choice! The extra hundred pounds displacement in the Snowshoe will help that all a lot.

      On Nov 20, 2011, at 9:04 PM, Phil Peck wrote:

      I am finding the hardest part is in picking which boat to build.  Can anybody tell me what the difference is between the arrow 14 and the snowshoe 14.  while I now the spec differences I am wondering which is more stable and which might work better with the once in awhile two people.

      Phil

    • mgrogg@juno.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 21, 2011
        Think of the Arrow as a Kayak without a deck. The Snowshoe is a bit wider midship and can carry more weight. Arrow is probably slightly faster lightly loaded. If you are 6'3/240 you might as well just build the snowshoe, since you are not lightly loaded, if you are 5'6/140, go for the Arrow.

        Michael

        I am finding the hardest part is in picking which boat to build. Can anybody tell me what the difference is between the arrow 14 and the snowshoe 14. while I now the spec differences I am wondering which is more stable and which might work better with the once in awhile two people.

        Phil

        53 Year Old Mom Looks 33
        http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4eca79ff3262b2f9cb3st06vuc
      • Phil Peck
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 21, 2011
          thank you all for your imput.   have ordered the snowshoe 14.  though I invision building other down the road.
          phil
        • Aaron Wood
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 21, 2011
            Good choice Phil! I think you'll like the boat as well as the build process.

            Cheers,

            Aaron
            Sent from my BlackBerry

            From: "Phil Peck" <phil@...>