Re: Coming up on 5 years

  • Terry
    Message 1 of 44 , Nov 9, 2011
      Hi Joel,

      I'm just starting an Arrow 14. Thanks for creating the group - I've read through about 95% of the messages here and found answers to many initial questions - I'm sure I'll have more.

      Terry

      --- In Airolite_Boats@yahoogroups.com, "jm_silverman" <jm_silverman@...> wrote:

      > I just realized that it was almost 5 years ago when I started this group. We are almost 600 members strong. I have not yet started my boat but someday soon I will have the time to get started.
      >
      > As inspiration I would like to know how many in the group have completed or are currently building a GA boat.
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Joel in Minneapolis

    • Aaron Wood
      Message 44 of 44 , Nov 19, 2011
        Hi Scott!

        The stoves are great, no question. I don't use one. They're especially good when cooking vs. cooking over an open fire. The fire was just for warmth for me so open fire is ok.

        Tent or some sort of shelter is necessary this time of year here. Its very wet with frequent rain. I use a small tent.

        Cheers,

        Aaron
        Sent from my BlackBerry

        From: 2scott@...
        Sender: Airolite_Boats@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 17:00:22 -0000
        To: <Airolite_Boats@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: Airolite_Boats@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [Airolite_Boats] Re: Recent trip in my Arrow 14

        Aaron-
        Do you burn your wood in an open fire pit or did you bring
        any kind of collapsable stove ? The stoves consume much
        less wood and make your wood go a lot farther.

        Also, did you bring a small tent or did you sleep in the open ?

        Scott