Re: TESTING Aircraft Quality Aluminum

  • hmaroske
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2004
      Hello Scott,

      something else on testing; I have ordered defectomat-tested
      tubing for the BUG. Maybe the same companies that sell tested
      aluminum will test yours as well? At least they should know
      who actually does the testing, and it might help to have
      a tube tested by them.

      My point is, I might be able to determine the strength of
      the material, but how do I find out if it was either seam
      extruded or seamless extruded? This could be hard to find
      out if the tubes were calibrated after extrusion.

      Cheers

      Hendrik