Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: I would like to know more about that Albatros...

Expand Messages
  • chas11nz
    ... Brad I posted a photo for you. Its in southern New Zealand. Chas. ... albatros.
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 2, 2008
    • 0 Attachment
      --- In Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Brad" <rx7_ragtop@...> wrote:
      >
      Brad I posted a photo for you. Its in southern New Zealand.
      Chas.






      > --- In Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com, "chas11nz" <chas11nz@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Laing"
      > > <bug2builder@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Have been watching this thread with interest.
      > > One because I work on the basis of what would the coronor find.
      > > Two because I would like to see lots of them flying.
      > > three because an old friend has just built a ww1 german
      albatros.
      > > These have a V brace and did shead wings if they got too fast.
      > > Chas.
      >
    • Brad
      Great! Thanks! A friend sent me pics of that before, but no real info on it... looks really interesting though! ... find.
      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 6, 2008
      • 0 Attachment
        Great! Thanks! A friend sent me pics of that before, but no real
        info on it... looks really interesting though!

        --- In Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com, "chas11nz" <chas11nz@...> wrote:
        >
        > --- In Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Brad" <rx7_ragtop@> wrote:
        > >
        > Brad I posted a photo for you. Its in southern New Zealand.
        > Chas.
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        > > --- In Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com, "chas11nz" <chas11nz@>
        wrote:
        > > >
        > > > --- In Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Laing"
        > > > <bug2builder@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Have been watching this thread with interest.
        > > > One because I work on the basis of what would the coronor
        find.
        > > > Two because I would like to see lots of them flying.
        > > > three because an old friend has just built a ww1 german
        > albatros.
        > > > These have a V brace and did shead wings if they got too fast.
        > > > Chas.
        > >
        >
      • chas11nz
        ... Brad a friend of mine built this Albatros. It has been off the ground but not yet flown. Fuse has been planked up like a boat with 5/8 square lenghts of
        Message 3 of 20 , Oct 7, 2008
        • 0 Attachment
          --- In Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Brad" <rx7_ragtop@...> wrote:
          >


          Brad a friend of mine built this Albatros. It has been off the
          ground but not yet flown.
          Fuse has been planked up like a boat with 5/8 square lenghts of
          white pine that were shaped one by one on assembly. These were then
          routed down to 1/4 average thickness. Fuse done in two halves with
          internal bulkheads added, then glued together.
          Modified ribs fron se5a replica used on wooden wings. Engine is
          Toyota 4age with serpentine belt reduction.
          The builder is eighty years old this weekend and still doing
          aerobatics. He flew his se5a to my strip last weekend.
          Chas.


          > Great! Thanks! A friend sent me pics of that before, but no real
          > info on it... looks really interesting though!
          >
          > --- In Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com, "chas11nz" <chas11nz@> wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Brad" <rx7_ragtop@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > Brad I posted a photo for you. Its in southern New Zealand.
          > > Chas.
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > > > --- In Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com, "chas11nz" <chas11nz@>
          > wrote:
          > > > >
          > > > > --- In Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Laing"
          > > > > <bug2builder@> wrote:
          > > > >
          > > > > Have been watching this thread with interest.
          > > > > One because I work on the basis of what would the coronor
          > find.
          > > > > Two because I would like to see lots of them flying.
          > > > > three because an old friend has just built a ww1 german
          > > albatros.
          > > > > These have a V brace and did shead wings if they got too
          fast.
          > > > > Chas.
          > > >
          > >
          >
        • Brad
          Very nice Chas, thanks for the info! ... real
          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 7, 2008
          • 0 Attachment
            Very nice Chas, thanks for the info!

            --- In Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com, "chas11nz" <chas11nz@...> wrote:
            >
            > --- In Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Brad" <rx7_ragtop@> wrote:
            > >
            >
            >
            > Brad a friend of mine built this Albatros. It has been off the
            > ground but not yet flown.
            > Fuse has been planked up like a boat with 5/8 square lenghts of
            > white pine that were shaped one by one on assembly. These were then
            > routed down to 1/4 average thickness. Fuse done in two halves with
            > internal bulkheads added, then glued together.
            > Modified ribs fron se5a replica used on wooden wings. Engine is
            > Toyota 4age with serpentine belt reduction.
            > The builder is eighty years old this weekend and still doing
            > aerobatics. He flew his se5a to my strip last weekend.
            > Chas.
            >
            >
            > > Great! Thanks! A friend sent me pics of that before, but no
            real
            > > info on it... looks really interesting though!
            > >
            > > --- In Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com, "chas11nz" <chas11nz@>
            wrote:
            > > >
            > > > --- In Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Brad" <rx7_ragtop@>
            wrote:
            > > > >
            > > > Brad I posted a photo for you. Its in southern New Zealand.
            > > > Chas.
            > > >
            > > >
            > > >
            > > >
            > > >
            > > >
            > > > > --- In Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com, "chas11nz" <chas11nz@>
            > > wrote:
            > > > > >
            > > > > > --- In Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Laing"
            > > > > > <bug2builder@> wrote:
            > > > > >
            > > > > > Have been watching this thread with interest.
            > > > > > One because I work on the basis of what would the coronor
            > > find.
            > > > > > Two because I would like to see lots of them flying.
            > > > > > three because an old friend has just built a ww1 german
            > > > albatros.
            > > > > > These have a V brace and did shead wings if they got too
            > fast.
            > > > > > Chas.
            > > > >
            > > >
            > >
            >
          • BILL
            Whatever happened to the LadyBUG. I see that testing was begun, but my search did not find any more posts or information...
            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 18, 2010
            • 0 Attachment
              Whatever happened to the LadyBUG. I see that testing was begun, but my search did not find any more posts or information...
            Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.