metric

  • Garry Warber
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2008
      Gonna put an oar in and stir...  I use imperial and metric interchangeably all the time in my shop, but only for small stuff (brag, brag)  Otherwise, out of habit, in google (yahoo probably will too) I type  conversion for  whatever=whatever, and there she sits, the formula or the answer.  No bought calculator, no homemade shortcuts, no muss, no fuss, makes juliene fries...
    • Rev. Franklin Newhart
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7, 2008
        Du Guvmeant up here in Canuckville foisted du mecitrical stuff down
        out troats a long time ago but dey didn't git rid o' du Imperial stuff
        good enough so it stuck around. Guess it was for du Merrycans sake so
        any way we got used to doing tings both ways or sumtimes just using
        our thum for an inch and our pinky for a centimeter. I know I still
        use my thumbnail on my left hand for gaping spark plugs and a cigaret
        pack if I can find one for gapping points.