Re: Hart Aero Super Compact Floater experience

  • Dragan
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 31, 2007
      And forgot to mention about the plans of small russian plane "Kolibri".
      This is also copyrighted material at least in Russia and CIS states.
      This plane was designed starting in 1975 and it's designer Serey
      Andreev is still around he owns company Ariez-Avia and produces this
      and other small planes. Check the website that is if you can manage
      russian and cyrillic and if your computer can display code page:
      http://www.aries-avia.ru
    • glenn zapien
      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 31, 2007
        I remember hearing the old timers at my regular flying site tell me about the early days of Hang gliding.And there came a time around the mid 80's developement was growing so fast,that there would be a new and improved glider almost every six months.At one point,there was a company that had and was selling the latest and greatest glider out there.Quickly,many of the top pro comp pilots started buying these gliders up.On that year,there were 11 pilots killed in one season due to the glider  being divergent.That would suck! And i don't mean cloud suck.Hart dude sounded shady,and too good to be true.I personally would stick to proven products,Wills,North Wing,Moyes.Sorry,I think it is great to read about someone trying to build a new wing,but man am i tired of reading about this dude.If you think he is dirty,then trust your instinct and move on.If he does have one,I would tell him to be the test dummy first,then make up my mind.At least Sandlin is developing AND flying his wing,with plenty of phots of his progression.Who u gona trust.No more typing,im going flyin,and I;m gona get me sum!Is that better?

        Lincoln Ross <lincolnr@...> wrote:
        That was constructive.

        From what I'm hearing, I'm thinking this guy may have dug himself a
        hole and is trying to climb out. (Not that there aren't good and bad
        ways of trying to climb out of a hole.) Perhaps he'll even eventually
        do it, maybe even sell some gliders. I'm not volunteering to be a
        customer, but I think we should try to be objective most of the time.
        It is my guess that he is not a happy camper at this time. Possibly for
        cause, from what many people are saying.

        On the other hand, if I don't know someone personally, I'd want them to
        have enough history for a reputation I could check out before I'd jump
        in one of their aircraft.

        --- In Airchairgroup@ yahoogroups. com, glenn zapien <mxr.1@...> wrote:

        > Fart Aero

        snip

      • Anthony McDonald

          Message 4 of 20 , Nov 10, 2007
            Here is your chance to make a history and be the first to tell the
            world about you experience of dealing with Hart Aero and set the
            record straight.
            http://southwestmissouri.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?
            site=71&bbb=0764&firm=26006

            George

            --- In Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Shea" <tim@...> wrote:

            > I have had what I consider a negative experience dealing with Hart
            > Aero. I believe he is overstating his experience and the scale of
            > his operation. I was told that they were producing a couple planes
            > month. I sent in a deposit before I found out that the photos he
            was
            > representing as HIS design, were in fact not his. He did not even
            > own the plane! His claims seemed to begin to ring hollow, and when
            > asked about it he stopped returning my correspondence. I requested
            > refund (I put 1/2 down as requested) until I could check his
            > legitimacy. No response. American Express pressured him to refund
            > and he did refund 75% of my deposit and tried to keep 25% (412
            > bucks) as a "cancellation fee". AmEx got that back too.
            > I feel like I was misled. I could find no proof of any Compact
            > Superfloaters actually flying.
            > I would love nothing more for Hart Aero to produce great,
            affordable
            > soaring aircraft. Until I actually see any, I don't believe they
            do.

            > This is my own direct experience and I have been encouraged to
            share
            > it. What I have shared is true, so be careful. I would be glad to
            > discuss this with anyone, including Doug Hart if they wish.
            >
            > Tim Shea
            > Santa Cruz, CA

          • Percy Wood
            Message 5 of 20 , Nov 10, 2007
              Thanks, George, for an excellent idea.
                If Mr. Shea in California gets this, perhaps he could send his report directly to the Better Business Bureau at the URL you provided.  He might also tell them how long Hart had his money before he asked for the first refund.  Three days is considered the normal time for "Buyers Remorse" to set in.
                 When i checked on Hart Aero there, I got:
              "The BBB processed a total of 0 complaints about this company
               in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period."
                              Percy in NM, USA

              Message 6 of 20 , Nov 10, 2007
                How come I can NEVER access any of these links/URLs
                you guyss put on here?

                --- rexnstudio@... wrote:

                > Perhaps, we should divert this subject to the new
                > HartAeroReview forum. I know I have provoked much of
                > the chatter about it here at airchair. Being the
                > @$$H0L3 that I am, I cant help myself sometimes,...
                > but it's starting to make me queezy every time it
                > pops up.?? .... doesnt help us any, thats for
                > sure.?? ya'll do what you want, I'll try to maintain
                > some decorum.
                >
                > for those that need the info, here's the url for the
                > yahoo thing

                > REX

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • red
                Message 7 of 20 , Nov 11, 2007
                  Terry,
                  If the link is broken into two lines of text, that usually will
                  not work. Try looking at the email message as a full-screen size, to
                  get the link all on one line. You may need to widen the margins with
                  your email program, or view the text of messages across the full screen,
                  by setting the email viewer to do that.
                  Some two-line links are too long for that to work anyway, so I
                  hit Reply, and edit the quoted message to get a one-line link, and that
                  will usually work, then. Discard the unwanted Reply, when finished.
                  If all else fails, I highlight the entire link, then click EDIT,
                  COPY, and then PASTE the link into a minimal word processor like
                  MS-NotePad, with Word-Wrap turned off. Edit the link as needed to get
                  the entire link on one line. Then click EDIT, SelectAll, and COPY. Go
                  to your web browser, and PASTE the link into the address line. It won't
                  matter if the link is too long to be seen entirely in the word processor
                  or web browser address line.
                  If I did that with the email quoted below, I'd get some stray
                  characters that would cause the link to fail; just edit out the extra
                  spaces and > that should not be in the URL. Then highlight, COPY and
                  PASTE it normally.
                  I use MS-Outlook for email, and FireFox for a web browser. If
                  you have anything different, try asking their tech support (email being
                  easiest on your nerves) to sort out the problem for you. You want to
                  Enable Hyperlinks. They may have FAQs to help you do that, too.
                  If you use MS-Windows, you can COPY any highlighted text with
                  the ALT-C command (depress and hold ALT, then press C). You can PASTE
                  that same Copied text to anyplace where you put the curser, using the
                  keyboard PASTE command, ALT-V
                  Hope that helps.

                  --
                  Cheers,