Re: Which one of you said...

  • Express Tech Onsite
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 1, 2006
      "Innovation begins with a refusal to accept that something is
      impossible. Realization comes partly with the ability to shut your
      ears to the clamor of disbelief."

      > It was me.
      >
      > The expression is not begged, borrowed or stolen...

      Ed,

      Cool! I just wanted to verify before I started quoting it to be sure
      I was giving credit where credit is due... and as far as I'm
      concerned there is alot of credit due! I agree with your point of
      view and truly wish we could encourage more people to begin to see
      things the same way. So often I hear people say "you can't do that!"
      or "that's impossible". Doesn't it make you wonder what kind of fur
      we'd be wearing and what kind of wood you'd use for your club if
      everyone believed it when someone told them how silly or impossible
      to realize their ideas are?

      My personal hero's are the Wright Brothers and Leonardo Da'vinci (no,
      it doesn't have anything to do with a secret code)
    • mljsthompson
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 1, 2006

        Many years ago I met Dick Rutan and Jeana Yeager at Oshkosh 89. I was buying their book on the around the world flight. They both signed the book for me but Jeana took the time to write " To Mike, Anything is Possible, Even the Impossible." I always say, "that quote and an Airchair will most likely get you to where you want to go." And you can quote me on that.

        Mike

        Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 5:54 AM
        Subject: [Airchairgroup] Re: Which one of you said...

      • joe@skycycle.info
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 1, 2006

          They said it couldn't be done, how did they know, they never did it.

          joe.

          Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 09:54:44 -0000
          From: Express Tech Onsite
          To: Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 1, 2006

            Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 09:54:44 -0000
            From: Express Tech Onsite
            To: Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com

            "Innovation begins with a refusal to accept that something is
            impossible. Realization comes partly with the ability to shut your
            ears to the clamor of disbelief."

            > It was me.
            >
            > The expression is not begged, borrowed or stolen...

            Ed,

            Cool!  I just wanted to verify before I started quoting it to be sure
            I was giving credit where credit is due... and as far as I'm
            concerned there is alot of credit due!  I agree with your point of
            view and truly wish we could encourage more people to begin to see
            things the same way.  So often I hear people say "you can't do that!"
            or "that's impossible".  Doesn't it make you wonder what kind of fur
            we'd be wearing and what kind of wood you'd use for your club if
            everyone believed it when someone told them how silly or impossible
            to realize their ideas are?

            My personal hero's are the Wright Brothers and Leonardo Da'vinci (no,
            it doesn't have anything to do with a secret code)

          • AUGUST HAHN
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 1, 2006
              Umm.has some potentiel, a little work here and there a few design modifacation....

              Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 09:54:44 -0000
              From: Express Tech Onsite
              To: Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com

              "Innovation begins with a refusal to accept that something is
              impossible. Realization comes partly with the ability to shut your
              ears to the clamor of disbelief."

              > It was me.
              >
              > The _expression is not begged, borrowed or stolen...

              Ed,

              Cool!  I just wanted to verify before I started quoting it to be sure
              I was giving credit where credit is due... and as far as I'm
              concerned there is alot of credit due!  I agree with your point of
              view and truly wish we could encourage more people to begin to see
              things the same way.  So often I hear people say "you can't do that!"
              or "that's impossible".  Doesn't it make you wonder what kind of fur
              we'd be wearing and what kind of wood you'd use for your club if
              everyone believed it when someone told them how silly or impossible
              to realize their ideas are?

              My personal hero's are the Wright Brothers and Leonardo Da'vinci (no,
              it doesn't have anything to do with a secret code)

              Link to Airchair main page for archives, files and photos
              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Airchairgroup/

              Aviation schoolAviation trainingAviation training school
              Aviation training schoolsUltralight glider

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            • Edward King
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 1, 2006
                Yeah man, the upholstery....I mean...chintz with carbon fibre, thats just like so last year.

                Have you considered paisley?

                :o)

                EK

                Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 09:54:44 -0000
                From: Express Tech Onsite
                To: Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 1, 2006

                  ok ok ok quit laughing, these wings were just for fun ...

                  joe...

                  Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 09:54:44 -0000
                  From: Express Tech Onsite
                  To: Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 1, 2006
                    Wew,you really had us worried there for a while!

                    Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 09:54:44 -0000
                    From: Express Tech Onsite
                    To: Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 1, 2006
                      Are the airfoils accurate enough to produce lift? Try a car-tow (seriously) it would be fun to do a few low speed runs just to see if it lifts off the ground.

                      I see a new craze forming....

                      If you thought that the roads were unsafe with cyclists....well now flying cyclists can stay out of the way of cars (despite being pulled by them). This idea seems like a winner. Despite its minor illegality (roughly the same as basejumping I would guess) i think it would be good to see.

                      A little bracing of the wings perhaps?

                      EK

                      Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 09:54:44 -0000
                      From: Express Tech Onsite
                      To: Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com

                      "Innovation begins with a refusal to accept that something is
                      impossible. Realization comes partly with the ability to shut your
                      ears to the clamor of disbelief."

                      > It was me.
                      >
                      > The _expression is not begged, borrowed or stolen...

                      Ed,

                      Cool!  I just wanted to verify before I started quoting it to be sure
                      I was giving credit where credit is due... and as far as I'm
                      concerned there is alot of credit due!  I agree with your point of
                      view and truly wish we could encourage more people to begin to see
                      things the same way.  So often I hear people say "you can't do that!"
                      or "that's impossible".  Doesn't it make you wonder what kind of fur
                      we'd be wearing and what kind of wood you'd use for your club if
                      everyone believed it when someone told them how silly or impossible
                      to realize their ideas are?

                      My personal hero's are the Wright Brothers and Leonardo Da'vinci (no,
                      it doesn't have anything to do with a secret code)

                      Link to Airchair main page for archives, files and photos
                      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Airchairgroup/

                      Aviation schoolAviation trainingAviation training school
                      Aviation training schoolsUltralight glider

                      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                    • richardt2005
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 1, 2006
                        Ummm... Joe? He hasn't done it either.

                        --- In Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com, joe@... wrote:

                        > They said it couldn't be done, how did they know, they never did
                        it.

                        > joe.
                        >
                        > www.skycycle.info
                        > On Thursday, June 01, 2006 4:54 AM, Express Tech Onsite wrote:
                        >
                        > Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 09:54:44 -0000
                        > From: Express Tech Onsite
                        > To: Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com
                        > Subject: [Airchairgroup] Re: Which one of you said...
                        >
                        > "Innovation begins with a refusal to accept that something is
                        > impossible. Realization comes partly with the ability to shut your
                        > ears to the clamor of disbelief."
                        >
                        > > It was me.
                        > >
                        > > The expression is not begged, borrowed or stolen...
                        >
                        > Ed,
                        >
                        > Cool! I just wanted to verify before I started quoting it to be
                        sure
                        > I was giving credit where credit is due... and as far as I'm
                        > concerned there is alot of credit due! I agree with your point of
                        > view and truly wish we could encourage more people to begin to see
                        > things the same way. So often I hear people say "you can't do
                        that!"
                        > or "that's impossible". Doesn't it make you wonder what kind of
                        fur
                        > we'd be wearing and what kind of wood you'd use for your club if
                        > everyone believed it when someone told them how silly or
                        impossible
                        > to realize their ideas are?
                        >
                        > My personal hero's are the Wright Brothers and Leonardo Da'vinci
                        (no,
                        > it doesn't have anything to do with a secret code)
                        >

                        > Link to Airchair main page for archives, files and photos
                        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Airchairgroup/

                        > Aviation school Aviation training Aviation training school
                        > Aviation training schools Ultralight glider
                        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                        >

                        > Visit your group "Airchairgroup" on the web.

                        Service.