Re: [Airchairgroup] Covering Wings

  • Gary Gower
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2005
      There is some literature in EAA and the Polifiber
      manual, Where are you going to live? Probably an EAA
      Chapter will be close and you can join...

      Also of course, some of us can give advise, stiching
      is more fun than needed in an airchair, but great time
      invested.

      Good luck and Welcome

      Saludos
      Gary Gower.

      --- Eric <insiderspyder@...> wrote:

      > I know this may sound like a stupid question. But I
      > have never built
      > an Aircraft before, I plan on doing so when I return
      > from Aghanistan.
      > Are there any good sites teahcing how to cover the
      > wings? I know what
      > materials are involved, I just don't know HOW to do
      > it.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Koen Van de Kerckhove
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1, 2005
        Eric,

        can you understand French? If yes, I have a CD with the explanation in
        video fragments on CD. It is a manuel of the Diatex materials. Diatex
        is a fabric that shrinks when heated. It still needs "dope" tension
        liquid.

        Contact me direct. I am not much active these days on this group. I
        will otherwise miss your reply.

        Keep that brain spawning wings,

        Koen

        --- In Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <insiderspyder@y...> wrote:
        > I know this may sound like a stupid question. But I have never built
        > an Aircraft before, I plan on doing so when I return from Aghanistan.
        > Are there any good sites teahcing how to cover the wings? I know what
        > materials are involved, I just don't know HOW to do it.
      • Terry Kenney
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 1, 2005
          The poly fiber method is by far the best out there. the Dope in Dope and fabric caries the load on that process. In the Poly-fiber process which is Dacron which shrinks with heat the fabric carries the load. They make a very light weight fabric that is uncertified but good for us on the
          Goats and bugs. The poly fiber folks have instruction books and videos to help. If you want I have extras I can send you. to show the way to do it. It's real simple.
          Thank you for your service and sacrifice. Come home Safe

          Eric,

          can you understand French? If yes, I have a CD with the explanation in
          video fragments on CD. It is a manuel of the Diatex materials. Diatex
          is a fabric that shrinks when heated. It still needs "dope" tension
          liquid.

          Contact me direct. I am not much active these days on this group. I
          will otherwise miss your reply.

          Keep that brain spawning wings,

          Koen

          --- In Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <insiderspyder@y...> wrote:
          > I know this may sound like a stupid question.  But I have never built
          > an Aircraft before, I plan on doing so when I return from Aghanistan.
          > Are there any good sites teahcing how to cover the wings?  I know what
          > materials are involved, I just don't know HOW to do it.

          Terry Kenney
          30731 Loma Linda Rd.
          Temecula, California 92592
          (951) 676-3014

        • eric jackson
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 1, 2005
            Thank you for the offer, but sadly I don't speak french.  Thank you again. Eric

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 1, 2005
              Thank you very much for your offer.  Right now I really can't get mail because of my location, but if you sent it to my wife in Washington, that would be amazing.  Anything is a fantastic gift, thatnk you.  Her address is
              Melissa Steward
              2504 25th loop Se
              Lacey, Wa 98503

              Once again, thank you.  And thank you for your gratitude.  Dont worry, I'll come home safe.

              Terry Kenney <terry0192@...> wrote:
              The poly fiber method is by far the best out there. the Dope in Dope and fabric caries the load on that process. In the Poly-fiber process which is Dacron which shrinks with heat the fabric carries the load. They make a very light weight fabric that is uncertified but good for us on the
              Goats and bugs. The poly fiber folks have instruction books and videos to help. If you want I have extras I can send you. to show the way to do it. It's real simple.
              Thank you for your service and sacrifice. Come home Safe

              Eric,

              can you understand French? If yes, I have a CD with the explanation in
              video fragments on CD. It is a manuel of the Diatex materials. Diatex
              is a fabric that shrinks when heated. It still needs "dope" tension
              liquid.

              Contact me direct. I am not much active these days on this group. I
              will otherwise miss your reply.

              Keep that brain spawning wings,

              Koen

              --- In Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <insiderspyder@y...> wrote:
              > I know this may sound like a stupid question.  But I have never built
              > an Aircraft before, I plan on doing so when I return from Aghanistan.
              > Are there any good sites teahcing how to cover the wings?  I know what
              > materials are involved, I just don't know HOW to do it.

              Terry Kenney
              30731 Loma Linda Rd.
              Temecula, California 92592
              (951) 676-3014

            • kmatti2001
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 1, 2005
                Another system that might work good for a Goat or Bug is the Hypec
                system. The silver coat also attaches the fabric to the frame so
                well that you do not need rib stiching or tapes, etc. You can
                either just use it were the cloth attaches to the ribs and frame or
                paint the whole part with it if you want to have the UV protection.
                I think I will cover the whole wing, at least the top, so I can have
                the UV protection. It has been used for Early Bird Jennys with good
                results, so it should work very well for the Airchairs. I don't
                know how much weight it add, so that might be a factor.

                Ken

                --- In Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com, Terry Kenney <terry0192@y...>
                wrote:
                > The poly fiber method is by far the best out there. the Dope in
                Dope and fabric caries the load on that process. In the Poly-fiber
                process which is Dacron which shrinks with heat the fabric carries
                the load. They make a very light weight fabric that is uncertified
                but good for us on the
                > Goats and bugs. The poly fiber folks have instruction books and
                videos to help. If you want I have extras I can send you. to show
                the way to do it. It's real simple.
                > Thank you for your service and sacrifice. Come home Safe
                >

                > Eric,
                >
                > can you understand French? If yes, I have a CD with the
                explanation in
                > video fragments on CD. It is a manuel of the Diatex materials.
                Diatex
                > is a fabric that shrinks when heated. It still needs "dope" tension
                > liquid.
                >
                > Contact me direct. I am not much active these days on this group. I
                > will otherwise miss your reply.
                >
                > Keep that brain spawning wings,
                >
                > Koen
                >
                > --- In Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <insiderspyder@y...>
                wrote:
                > > I know this may sound like a stupid question. But I have never
                built
                > > an Aircraft before, I plan on doing so when I return from
                Aghanistan.
                > > Are there any good sites teahcing how to cover the wings? I
                know what
                > > materials are involved, I just don't know HOW to do it.
                >

                > Link to Airchair main page for archives, files and photos
                > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Airchairgroup/

                > Aviation school Aviation training Aviation training school
                Aviation training schools Aviation training academy Ultralight
                glider

                Service.

                > Terry Kenney
                > 30731 Loma Linda Rd.