Re: [Airchairgroup] Re: Glide ratio

  • SydUlvick@aol.com
    Message 1 of 31 , Apr 4, 2005
      Hi Folks,
      I transitioned from hanggliders to sailplanes around five years ago, and can attest to Brad's remarks from personal experience.  I found myself thermaling slightly below another sailplane near cloudbase one day, and while looking straight up through the canopy I did exactly as Brad describes - I instinctively "pulled in" on the stick to give the other glider more room.  Oops.  This occured after around 100 hours of sailplane time, all accumulated after selling my most recent hangglider.  I'm a hang IV.

      Microlight sailplanes are very attractive to enthusiasts of other light craft - let the biwingual pilot beware...

      -Syd