So it begins

  • contrapezist
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 17, 2012
      Slowly putting together my list of stuff to get, the plan is to only make one trip to peachtree. But I think we all know how that goes...
      In the meantime started laying out parts and fired up the milling machine today. Moving forward with the goat for the most part as is making a few minor changes here and there for whats on hand and avalible.
      So in the "As if I needed another reason" dept. My brother made a visit last weekend. Sibling rivalry runs deep. He is a civil engineer altho as of late less engineering and more ass kissing errr I mean selling. I think he would rather I took up some business scam err I mean venture with him rather than build a glider. He took a brief look at the cover page and said no way, not safe. This is the same guy that introduced me to unpowered flight with a tree swing. Which I did and rather quickly made a 3 point landing on my face and knees (still have the scar). Ohhh did I mention he did his internship at Rans when I was playing with gliders in the late 90's. He had alot to say about it then too.
      Austin
    • Scott Perkins
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 18, 2012
        A week or so ago a new photo gallery showing ED's new GOAT
        but what I specifically was impressed with was his design
        of an all steel welded wheel assembly. You ought to take a look
        in the photo gallerys. Album name something like "Ed's Glider"

        > stuff to get, the plan is to only make one trip to
        > peachtree. But I think we all know how that goes...
        > In the meantime started laying out parts and fired up the
        > milling machine today. Moving forward with the goat for the
        > most part as is making a few minor changes here and there
        > for whats on hand and avalible.
        > So in the "As if I needed another reason" dept. My brother
        > made a visit last weekend. Sibling rivalry runs deep. He is
        > a civil engineer altho as of late less engineering and more
        > ass kissing errr I mean selling. I think he would rather I
        > took up some business scam err I mean venture with him
        > rather than build a glider. He took a brief look at the
        > cover page and said no way, not safe. This is the same guy
        > that introduced me to unpowered flight with a tree swing.
        > Which I did and rather quickly made a 3 point landing on my
        > face and knees (still have the scar). Ohhh did I mention he
        > did his internship at Rans when I was playing with gliders
        > in the late 90's. He had alot to say about it then too.
        > Austin

        > .
        > Link to Mike Sandlin's BUG (Basic Ultralight Glider)
        > website
        > http://m-sandlin.info/
        > .
        > Link to Wikipedia Airchair
        > http://airchairbuild.wikidot.com/
        > .
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >

        >     Airchairgroup-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      • contrapezist
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 19, 2012
          I make it thru a few times a week to see whats new. First thing I noticed was the aluminum ribs something Ive been pondering but havn't made a decision on. Was going to try it in the tail and see how it works before taking on the wings.

          Garry my milling machine is a CNC I built many years ago fired it up and discovered a missing part but have the stock in hand to make a new one so should be back up this week. Unfortunatly Im one of those poor important slobs and have to work thursday and friday so no extra days to get a jump start.

          Austin