Re: Yando Goat Project

  • alanbeavis
    Message 1 of 33 , Nov 11, 2012
      Hi Greg,

      No space left in the Files section to upload the DXF files.
      Available for download as a zipped file here for 30 days.
      http://wikisend.com/download/584978/YG Wing DXF Files.zip

      cheers Alan

      --- In Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <GNolan.2005@...> wrote:

      > Hello Alan,
      >
      > Do you have any dxf files of the wing details that you posted on the site that you would be willing to share? Thanks
      >
      > --- In Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com, "alanbeavis" <alanbeavis@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Finally completed my strutted Goat project.
      > > Flew it for the first time on Sunday. Just some low tows behind the car to establish stability and control authority.
      > > All checked out OK. Next step is to get some higher tows. It's winter here in southern Australia so I'm not sure when the weather will cooperate to allow the next stage.
      > >
      > > Here's the specs for the Yando Goat.
      > > Span 11.2m (37 ft)
      > > Wing Area 16.7 sq m (180 sq ft)
      > > Completed weight without the parachute is 69 kg (152 lb).
      > >
      > > Fuselage, tailboom, elevator and rudder are from Goat4.
      > >
      > > Wing planform is based on Goat1 (sort of) with the following deviations:
      > > 11 inches added to the span.
      > > Leading and trailing edges are 0.049 inch wall thickness instead of 0.035 inch.
      > > Rib spacing is 16 inch instead of 18 inch requiring an additional 2 ribs per wing.
      > > An additional compression strut added to each wing outboard of the lift strut connection point.
      > >
      > > Lift struts and attachments are based on the Goat3. Struts are 0.058 inch wall thickness.
      > > 2 inch wide skid on the nose and a small tailwheel added.
      > >
      > > Covered using the Oratex UL600 system.
      > >
      > > I've uploaded some pics in the Photos section under Yando Goat.
      > >
      > > See also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9P6NlFWmyM
      > >
      > > cheers
      > > Alan

    • Ken Caldwell
      Message 33 of 33 , Nov 11, 2012
        On 12/11/12 01:51, alanbeavis wrote:

        Here's a link without requiring a password this time.
        http://wikisend.com/download/192710/YG%20Wing%20DXF%20Files.zip
        It's late here in Oz. I should have done this tomorrow. I'm going to bed.
        cheers Alan

        Many Thanks.