Re: Paramotor prop tip clearance

  • flying.penguin711
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 1, 2012
      Hi,

      Lonnie wrote:
      >I would use caution of pulling on the propeller tips.

      That is a valid point. Basically you say there is a maximum force we can put on a prop tip and I might exceed it with the method. I was aware of that and guessed that 10 kilograms (100 Newtons) would be OK.

      with regard to hitting the cage:

      In my case, the prop nearly always hit the cage where the lower right support tube was (seen in direction of flight) whenever any sudden movement happened. Prop rotation anti clockwise seen in direction of flight.

      Cheers
      Hendrik
    • Michael McKeown
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 1, 2012
        Ahh interesting....precession is a powerful force, perhaps making the motor move in it's mounts more, or more frequently, than a hard landing.
        Michael

        On Jul 1, 2012, at 7:37 AM, flying.penguin711 wrote:

        Hi,