Price for a good Airchair???

  • skyguynca
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
      What is a good and fair price for a flying airchair with just a few hours on it? What would you pay?

      David M.
    • 2scott
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
        You have to be way more specific... Is it a death trap,
        what kind of reputation, what kinds of materials and expected
        longivity, appearance and age and specific performance
        and a general idea as to the cost to build one just
        like it not to mention the comparative price of others
        on the market. These are just a few bits if extra info
        needed. What are you really trying to ask? What is
        the market or how much will the market pay ?
        Scott

        > flying airchair with just a few hours on it? What would you
        > pay?
        >
        > David M.

        > .
        > Link to Mike Sandlin's BUG (Basic Ultralight Glider)
        > website
        > http://m-sandlin.info/
        > .
        > Link to Wikipedia Airchair
        > http://airchairbuild.wikidot.com/
        > .
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >

        >     Airchairgroup-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      • David M
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
          No, I am looking at a Mountain Green Superfloater. Low time and in really good shape. I am also looking at a Goat1. Both in good shape but not sure if it is priced right, I think they are a bit high.

          David M.

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
            Any pics of it?    They are very rare.  I have only ever run across
            one.    I wonder if it is the same one you are looking at ?.
            Scott

            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
              Don't know, no pictures yet. It is in southern CA so I was wanting to see what others were thinking it was worth before I make the drive

              Sent from my iPhone

              On Oct 1, 2010, at 7:39 AM, 2scott <2scott@...> wrote:

              Any pics of it?    They are very rare.  I have only ever run across
              one.    I wonder if it is the same one you are looking at ?.
              Scott

              No, I am looking at a Mountain Green Superfloater. Low time and in really good shape. I am also looking at a Goat1. Both in good shape but not sure if it is priced right, I think they are a bit high.

              David M.

              You have to be way more specific... Is it a death trap,
              what kind of reputation, what kinds of materials and expected
              longivity, appearance and age and specific performance
              and a general idea as to the cost to build one just
              like it not to mention the comparative price of others
              on the market. These are just a few bits if extra info
              needed. What are you really trying to ask? What is
              the market or how much will the market pay ?
              Scott

              > flying airchair with just a few hours on it? What would you
              > pay?
              >
              > David M.

              > .
              > Link to Mike Sandlin's BUG (Basic Ultralight Glider)
              > website
              > http://m-sandlin.info/
              > .
              > Link to Wikipedia Airchair
              > http://airchairbuild.wikidot.com/
              > .
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Links
              >

              >     Airchairgroup-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            • Toni Wiendl
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
                Hello you all

                As Scott wrote, some questions must be fulfilled before.
                As you are the buyer, try to calculate material cost + time to build, at least. Construction time for Goat is about 300 hours.
                Please, post the photos and the price they are asking so we can have a better idea.

                Regards

                   Toni, future GOAT constructor in Brazil

              • PROPELLERS@aol.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
                  Dave,

                  What is the asking price or the price you feel is worthy of purchase of the armchair designs. We have the capability and interest to manufacture parts or possibly kits for the Armchair designs and just stated looking into the market demand. Does anyone have an idea how many have been completed or under construction? What parts would most want manufactured?

                  Lonnie Prince
                  CEO/President
                  Prince Aircraft Company
                  PO Box 2669
                  6774 Providence Street
                  Whitehouse, Ohio 43571
                  Tel. (419)877-5557
                  Fax (419)877-5564
                  lonnie@...
                  www.princeaircraft.com
                • george_rf
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
                    If you want to build Armchairs you are on the wrong board

                    Disclaimer ; opinions of others will vary depending on what they’re selling

                    This is my website
                    Look all you want but don't touch

                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010
                      In a message dated 10/1/2010 5:29:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, george_rf1@... writes:
                      If you want to build Armchairs you are on the wrong board
                      George,

                      Looks like my fingers did not listen to my brain when I typed, My wife has told many times when building my own aircraft there must be disconnect, sorry for the incorrect usage.

                      Lonnie Prince
                      CEO/President
                      Prince Aircraft Company
                      PO Box 2669
                      6774 Providence Street
                      Whitehouse, Ohio 43571
                      Tel. (419)877-5557
                      Fax (419)877-5564
                      lonnie@...
                      www.princeaircraft.com
                    • Phils
                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010
                        Lonnie WHICH Airchair types are you looking at building parts , or , kits for? Sandlins BUG family ? , EZ rizer? etc....

                      • PROPELLERS@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 4, 2010
                          In a message dated 10/2/2010 11:23:45 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, philsconcepts@... writes:
                          Lonnie WHICH Airchair types are you looking at building parts , or , kits for? Sandlins BUG family ? , EZ rizer? etc....
                          I am most interested in the Goat, however, we can manufacture parts for any.

                          Lonnie Prince
                          CEO/President
                          Prince Aircraft Company
                          PO Box 2669