Model airplane jet engines for sailplanes

  • moe_snodgrass
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2004
      From the "Albuquerque Journal," April 3 Business Section:

      A Sandia National Lab scientist has refitted two 5-pound, model airplane jet
      engines on a 388 lb. Alisport Silent-J. The engines are from AVIATION
      MICROJET TECHNOLOGY (http://www.usamt.com/) and can be restarted in-
      flight.

      (I would have liked to link to the article or pasted it but the "ABQ Journal" online
      is accessible by subscription only.)
    • Fanie Naude
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2004
        Here's a pic