Website

  • mitchcouch
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 6, 2010
      Does anyone know what happened to the BUG website?
    • ¹Î¼®
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 6, 2010
        It looks like my "Basic Ultralight Glider" site is down for now, I don't
        know why. I suspect some ATT service upgrade has undone my settings (some upgrade, huh?). I'll be working on it.

        Mike Sandlin....San Diego California

        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 7, 2010
          Mike Sandlin here, with an update on the blockage of my "Basic Ultralight Glider" website. It seems that a service discontinuation and transfer by ATT has blocked my site. I will work to resolve this but I don't know how long it will take (a lot of people have been affected and say they can't get the specified help).

          On March 31, 2010, ATT Worldnet Service was discontinued and the users were supposed to get transfered, by request, to the "att.net" system, which is where my Website is based. My status with regard to this is undetermined. I hope my webpages will be quickly restored and the addresses will not change.

          Mike Sandlin.....San Diego California

          --- In Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com, "mitchcouch" <mitchcouch@...> wrote:

          > Does anyone know what happened to the BUG website?

        • flying.penguin711
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 7, 2010
            > Mike Sandlin wrote: It seems that a service discontinuation and transfer by ATT has blocked my site.

            Hello Mike,

            if that would involve re-creating BUG2 and BUG4 pics and drawings, just say something if you need help. There are gigabytes available on

            http://www.flyingpenguin.info/gleitflugzeug/

            and I still carry a good subset of details of your old biplane designs.
            As it happens to be, my old collection of your pics about "BUG2/BUG4 assembly" could be made public with just a mouse click. It is already there...

            Cheers and best wishes for your new glider

            Hendrik
          • Jerry Gorman
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 7, 2010
              Hello Hendrik. I am the Curator of virtual ultralight museum dot com. I looked at your website and saw two pictures I am interested in. #2 of 108 and #55 of 108. Can you tell me about them. Have you seen my website with over four hundred ultralights? Jerry

              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 8, 2010
                Hello Jerry,

                file #2 is 1Motorbipe6.jpg and it seems I downloaded it on 22 Feb 2003
                somewhere on the net, maybe from the VULA web site.

                #55 belongs to a set of pics, named PA260001.jpg to PA260007.jpg and
                I downloaded them 30 Oct 2002. If I recall correctly, it was from the builder himself. Maybe Scott Perkins knows something about them.

                I'll upload the pics to the "Photos" section. With the file names there should now be a way to find the owner.

                Cheers

                Hendrik

                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 8, 2010
                  > Have you seen my website with over four hundred ultralights? Jerry

                  Hello Jerry,

                  your site opens flawlessly. Great stuff! And I instantly found the LadyBug pic, to move this back on topic :-) Actually a pic that I haven't seen yet.

                  Cheers and many thanks for your efforts

                  Hendrik
                • flying.penguin711
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 8, 2010
                    > #2 of 108 and #55 of 108.

                    They are in the "Photos" section of the Airchair group in "For Jerry".

                    Cheers

                    Hendrik
                  • Jerry Gorman
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 8, 2010
                      What can you tell me about the Flying Penguin? Who designed it and what kind of propulsion? Thanks in advance. Jerry

                      They are in the "Photos" section of the Airchair group in "For Jerry".

                      Cheers

                      Hendrik

                    • Matthew L
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 9, 2010
                        It certainly looks like a modified Easy Riser.

                        See <http://www.bydanjohnson.com/index.cfm?b=1&m=3&i=25>

                        --- In Airchairgroup@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Gorman <aflyguy25@...> wrote:

                        > What can you tell me about the Flying Penguin? Who designed it and what kind of propulsion? Thanks in advance. Jerry
                      • Glenn Campbell
                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 20, 2010
                          John Moody is refreshing change of pace.

                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 22, 2010
                            The FP name is definitely wrong.

                            > It certainly looks like a modified Easy Riser.

                            I guess the same.

                            > See <http://www.bydanjoh nson.com/ index.cfm? b=1&m=3&i= 25>
                            > >
                            > > What can you tell me about the Flying Penguin? Who designed it and what kind of propulsion? Thanks in advance. Jerry

                            Again, I would ask Scott Perkins, maybe he remembers it? If not, then the owner may have been on the Fly-UL list here on Yahoo. That is all I have to offer.

                            Cheers

                            Hendrik