Welcome

  • kmatti2001 <zeuson@delriolive.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2003
      Welcome all. I'm Ken and my son and I are building a BUG. I'll
      upload a picture of the rudder we are making. For those interested
      this URL http://home.att.net/~m--sandlin/bug.htm is where you can get
      a lot of information, including a free set of plans, for the Basic
      Ultralight Glider, the BUG. My hope is to spend some time with my
      son on this project together and get him some training so he can fly
      the BUG we build. If you've looked at the picture and seen the
      plans, we have already done something different. Rahter than make
      the rudder ribs out of foam and carbon rods, we opted to build it out
      of all aluminum and gussets. I was more familiar with this type of
      constructionm, since I used it on a homebuilt Early Bird Jenny
      project. I think it is not much heavier and was very quick and easy
      to build. My son, with my help, has about 4 hours in the rudder.
      Not a bad start. I think it will go together rather quickly. Hope
      to hear more from other folks soon.