Re: [AWES] Re: 101 tailed turbined train

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 13, 2013

      Doug,

      You somehow missed that kite stacks have been well covered on the Forum, even to the point of understanding the subtle limitations like no one before us. Many of us have flown them, with top world masters, in pioneering configurations (Dave Culp started with stacked Flexis. Even Pocock stacked.). Stacks classify as dense-arrays. Forum thinking proceeded to meshes and 3D lattices, with many successful small tests in our circle.

      KIS has been a Forum mantra, as it comes to us from aeronautical tradition. We call our particular open-source school of AWES design "Low Complexity" (as dubbed by Jeremy of Kitebot). Passive-stability and passive dynamic-stability are our terms-of-art for self-flying AWES (my topic at Chico, 2009).

      Therefore, Please see that we are the world's best at the precise AWE virtues you theorise about, instead of mistakenly faulting us,

      daveS

      PS Why did you never solve SuperTurbine leaky weather-balloon dependency, if diligently perfecting an AWES demo is your standard for Gabor?

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 13, 2013
        Errata on a number. Please note that our best reference so far is 11,284 wings in the train.  Flight: October 18, 1990, in Kagoshima, Japan. The kite was master-minded by 73-yr-old Sadao Harada. The Japan Kite Association apparently approved of the record. Above the count were 31 wings that broke and so did not count for the record.

        Doug, some of us might be buying generators from you for tailed turbine generation.

        ~JoeF
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 15, 2013
          Funny but I have not seen any stacks used in any AWE project that I can remember. (Maybe I'm forgetting one?) It's one thing that has been bugging me from day-one especially when the "reeling" people don't even use what is known as a proven good choice for traction kites. Of course why use what is proven when you can avoid building anything by endless talk of microwaves, liquified air, and other unlikely crap that obfuscates what is a simple problem and tries to pretend it is a complex problem. Guess what? It doesn't even take a smart person to do AWE. Maybe what these self-described-genius-teams need is someone with in IQ of about 60 to set them straight. duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.