Work Kites (modern classic kite antenna methods)

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2013
      Following one of Joe's links led to this kiteHam, Roger-G4ROJ, who creates serious antennas with sixty different common hobbyist kites. His graphically enhanced photos make exemplary megascale kite diagrams. The various web pages are full of interesting knowledge. The menu-

      A good page for a quick view-
      Note that we study these specialties (KAP, KHam, etc.) as wind-powered flight...
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 7, 2013
        • Roger G4ROJ     replies:  He says he has been doing kite system aerial lifting for ham radio operations for "forty years" and that we are to "help" ourselves to his art and experience.       Thanks, Roger.

        • Review:
          In some scenes energy may be saved by using kite systems to lift aerials or antenna for sending or receiving distant signals.  The wind's energy is converted to the task of lifting the materials involved in the radio operations.  That is, the kinetic energy of the wind is converted to the potential energy of selected materials by use of kite systems.  Similar statements may apply to the sending or receiving of other radiations of the electromagnetic spectrum.   Avoiding the construction of towers by use of kite-lifted antenna may occur.   Heat, visible light, microwave, ...!      Make energy aloft in the kite systems; beam the energy to ground receivers?   Shine visible light over a work operation during the night?     Etc.

        • File:EM Spectrum Properties edit.svg