Re: [AWES] Re: Article study. Circa January 2013: F, Z, M, K.

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 25 9:57 AM
      JoeF,

      Overall, this is nice work, a balanced program of theory and successful experiment. I especially liked the discussion of shortcomings in AWE MPC, like model-mismatch.

      Good point about the semantic confusion in calling the tricky Retract Phase of the Yo-Yo paradigm a "Passive Phase". Lets reserve "passive" for embodied logic.
      Thanks for pointing out that AWE academia still overlooks the proven existence of continuous power phases, such as KiteLab Ilwaco's old looping-kite-under-a-pilot-kite, as tapped by a tri-tether.

      A most wonderful development will be when our academic friends undertake formal study of the computational equivalences between active and passive control, and the optimal hybrids,

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 7, 2013
        Estimation of the mechanical energy output of the kite wind generator
        October 2008.

        I. Argatova
        P. Rautakorpi
        R. Silvennoinen