Re: [AWES] Re: Toward an ultimate formal theory of classic kite autonomy and kite arrays

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 5, 2013
      Doug,

      Here is a brief explanation of the excitement created by the deeper study of Kite Physics-

      A passively-autonomous AWES can be formally understood as a coupled phonon-graviton automaton acting under quantum computational control. The phonon-graviton mass-energy interaction we've identified provides a quantum mechanical bridge, via the well-established phonon Grand Unification Theory (GUT) physics, between relativistic gravity and the other force carriers, thus amounting to a serious ToE ("Theory of Everything"), a long-standing Holy Grail in physics.

      Meanwhile, a wolf-pack of ambitious super-smart physicists is racing to find the correct ToE. They are recently noting that the phonon guage boson is a good model for the elusive graviton in quantum gravity. We seem first to note, on the AWES Forum, actual frequency-matched phonon-gravition interactions in our real-world experiments, in the optimized tuning of the opposed mass-accelerations and elasticities of our AWES. We tap the resulting resonance for kite energy. The driven pendulum can be seen as an even simpler case, in the form of the child's playground swing. Recall that Einstein's famous elevator was in principle driven by a tether, as indistinguishable from gravity-based acceleration. We are the masters of tether-science.

      All sorts of standing questions seem answered by the new kite-enabled views. Since the phonon is the carrier of heat, the phonon-graviton interaction is consistent with entropic gravity and thermodynamics generally. Flight automation based on quantum topology is cutting-edge quantum-computer science. We are living in an intellectual revolution, with the toy kite as a real player. Our kite-derived insights could even be Nobel Physics, if they hold.

      All this is far cooler than uncomprehending anti-intellectualism, or even retro-entabulation :)

      daveS

      PS Note that the inverse-corollary of the banal redneck sentiment you shared, minus excess wording, goes like this-

      "An anti-intellectual uses less words than necessary, to say less than they understand."

    • Pierre BENHAIEM
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 5, 2013

        W as words:well;W as Watt:better.

        PierreB

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 7, 2013
          Thank you for making my point.

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 7, 2013
            Doug wrote- "Thank you for making my point."

            Sorry, Doug, "your point" cannot be "made" as wished. Its hopeless to defend a backwards anti-intellectualism by an example depending on the Net, itself a glorious product of intellectualism (including the quantum physics modern computers are based on). Anti-intellectualism is not a sound judge of AWE physics. It is only posing fake problems in AWE, like too much overly-intellectual wordage.

            In AWE we mostly agree that "Highest ROI Wins". Another way of stating this is "Best Physics Wins", insofar as technology ROI is strongly driven by optimal Physics.

            An pro-intellectual prediction for you (and Pierre as well)- The greatest AWE wattage over time will come from the best AWES physics, and the serious discussions that pioneer this best physics will not be found excessive in length or complexity,

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 7, 2013
              Well it was just a funny definition I heard. I don't think most people object to a true intellectual. It's posers using big words while not connecting the dots that are annoying.

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 7, 2013
                Doug wrote- "I don't think most people object to a true intellectual. It's posers using big words while not connecting the dots that are annoying. "

                Doug,

                So lets be "true intellectuals" and connect those dots poseurs neglected. Exactly what "big words" have ever been used on the Forum without sufficiently connecting to AWE?

                We can then help properly connect those words to AWE, and remove this particular cause for your annoyance.  If you can't identify any such unconnected big-words, or just don't want to see them connect, then perhaps you are the Forum Alpha-Poseur, and just prefer to stay annoyed :)