AWE encampment in Texas

  • edoishi
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 11, 2013
      This is a preliminary call-out for an AWE R&D encampment to take place this spring near Austin Texas. All are welcome.

      We will return to Valley Way Farm, site of MOTHRA1's maiden launch to continue testing, evaluating, and upgrading our systems. Power kiting and AWES workshops will be featured continuously as well as presentations and demonstrations. Media production and business networking will be key activities.

      The emphasis of the encampment is field testing, so come ready to fly..

      We will get going mid April and run about a month in order to accommodate busy schedules. We would like to see a concentration of activity around a single week (to be announced).

      Camping arrangements are flexible. Hotels are available near the hay farm. Guests are asked to cover basic encampment costs (food and carpooling) as a group (25 USD per diem estimated).

      Contact Ed Sapir at edoishi@... for more information.
    • edoishi
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 7, 2013
        Here's an updated post concerning the Texas AWE Encampment -- including dates and directions:

        Hope to see many people in attendance- we have a lot planned including kite motors, MOTHRA arches, looping power kites, flip wings,  kite fighting, media production, networking, camping and lots of kites in the air...

        -ed