Tilting airborne wind turbines

  • Pierre Benhaiem
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 14, 2013

      Beside downwind tilting wind turbines having not an airborne component,some upwind tilting wind turbines as projects have an airborne component.Among them:ASWES ; and also Tilting Windmills Can Save Fortunes - Aalborg University where the rotor is held by wind force against gravity,this turbine working a little like Segway PT ,with electronic analysis of balancing.

      So these two projects are links between conventional turbines and AWE and could be called "Airborne Tilting Wind Turbine"  (ATWT) .

      Possible advantages over conventional turbines:lightness,less strengths on the structure,scalability;over AWE: maximization of space,avoiding challenge of automated crosswind or static or oscillating flight.So ATWT can be a promising way.

      PierreB

      http://flygenkite.com

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 15, 2013
        I guess it's inevitable that people will slowly start to get a clue toward a clue...