Re: [AWES] Re: Classic Kite as Systolic Array

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 22, 2012
      Rod,

      Outputting synchronous order from asynchronous inputs is simple enough. We see this when trees blow in the wind; each leaf is doing its own dance, but the bulk tree trunk waves as one.

      In AWES design, we have for several years known that a single shaft with a flywheel can be smoothly driven by asynchronous sprag/rachet inputs kicking at random. Synchronous speed can be maintained by modulating the load or power. Note the interesting flow of system information "upstream" when modulating load.

      Wind should be considered as internal to our system concepts, with gusts very much like the nerve signalling noise in cardiac arrythmias. Our large latticework arrays contain the wind being processed.

      We are glimpsing fresh new ways to understand future AWES designs on the megascale. The metaphors are templates for concepts that transcend the scaling limitations of single-anchor single-tether AWES unit arrays, just as single cell biota gave way to vastly larger multicellular life,

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 22, 2012
        ooops sorry feeling like a bit of a plonker.
        only realised what I'd said later in town.
        cranks and flywheels driving a single line or shaft, drawn it before enough times.
        Early Merry Christmas one and all