Re: [AWES] Re: Classic Kite as Systolic Array

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 21, 2012
      Rod,

      You get the main concept here, but its not about hearts per se. The "Systolic" cardiac metaphor is just a historic naming accident.for a fundamental processing architecture that began with the Colossus Mark II. Parallelism is the most characteristic quality, rather than a coherent clock beat. In particular the kite is an ansynchronous Wavefront (Systolic Array.

      Fortunately no special limitations on biological heart models really limits kites, nor can it be denied that a kite is a parallel processing architecture (formally a Systolic Array) where observational streamlines can be considered as the abstract "pipeline" process. I am avoiding explicitly invoking the quantum-phonon basis to appease Bob :)

      AWES pumping is a separate topic to consider. This note was confined to a cybernetic explanation of the classic single-line kite, which is not normally intended to pump.

      daveS

      PS The concepts of celluar automata state machines can be applied to kites, although the journey eventually leads to kite QFT-

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellular_automaton
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 22, 2012
        Yeah, sorry for taking it so far the biological way...
         Just stating,
         Triggered control signal processing of kite walls , as an overall  large collected array inflator/ tugger / pump device
        Can be automated by simple small algorithmic device actuators on the kixel level.
        Preferably physically and not electronically actuated as we discussed before...

        The systolic naming metaphor was no accident,
        This multicast signal processing for a coordinated multi actuator large fluid energy device exists in nature.. in you.

        Unless you are a robot Dave S??? hmmm

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 22, 2012
          As a kid, I thought biology gruesome an ungainly, before I learnt how advanced on our understanding it is...

          I had a bout of Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation a few years back... Totally missmanaged by my wife (not allowed it my brother was visiting) Anyway I  fixed with some yoga in hospital.. I learnt some stuff about heart electrophysiology then

          Have a look at
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atrial_fibrillation#Causes

          The most interesting bit will be half way down the page
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 22, 2012
            Von Neuman cellular automata are surely relevant,
            A coordinated serial control line gives a collected mass output.

            Yes winds fluctuate and are gusty, hence asynchrony seems key to efficiency
            However to have a fully asynchronous multi level kixel mesh device...
            Surely you need as many small generators as you have kites... don't you?
            Is asynchrony capable of collective phased tugging, sending large power signals to the ground?

            Yeah, sorry for taking it so far the biological way...
             Just stating,
             Triggered control signal processing of kite walls , as an overall  large collected array inflator/ tugger / pump device
            Can be automated by simple small algorithmic device actuators on the kixel level.
            Preferably physically and not electronically actuated as we discussed before...

            The systolic naming metaphor was no accident,
            This multicast signal processing for a coordinated multi actuator large fluid energy device exists in nature.. in you.

            Unless you are a robot Dave S??? hmmm

            As a kid, I thought biology gruesome an ungainly, before I learnt how advanced it is...

            I had a bout of Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation a few years back... Totally miss-managed by my wife (not allowed it, my brother was visiting) Anyway I  fixed with some yoga in hospital.. I learnt some stuff about heart electrophysiology then

            Have a look at
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atrial_fibrillation#Causes

            The most interesting bit will be half way down the page,
            A huge coordinated pump ,,, which we just have to totally reverse engineer with a mothra and flipwings
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 22, 2012
              Rod,

              Outputting synchronous order from asynchronous inputs is simple enough. We see this when trees blow in the wind; each leaf is doing its own dance, but the bulk tree trunk waves as one.

              In AWES design, we have for several years known that a single shaft with a flywheel can be smoothly driven by asynchronous sprag/rachet inputs kicking at random. Synchronous speed can be maintained by modulating the load or power. Note the interesting flow of system information "upstream" when modulating load.

              Wind should be considered as internal to our system concepts, with gusts very much like the nerve signalling noise in cardiac arrythmias. Our large latticework arrays contain the wind being processed.

              We are glimpsing fresh new ways to understand future AWES designs on the megascale. The metaphors are templates for concepts that transcend the scaling limitations of single-anchor single-tether AWES unit arrays, just as single cell biota gave way to vastly larger multicellular life,

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 22, 2012
                ooops sorry feeling like a bit of a plonker.
                only realised what I'd said later in town.
                cranks and flywheels driving a single line or shaft, drawn it before enough times.
                Early Merry Christmas one and all