Re: [AWES] Launch AWES components by electromagnetic railguns?

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 12, 2012
      To reduce launch stress, launch a larger mass with a bungee cord attached to the kite.  You can still wind up with most of the momentum in the kite, possibly by using a timed release.  However, I don't think it will be necessary or economic.  Helicopter drones would be my choice, if kiting is insufficient.

      Bob Stuart

      On 12-Oct-12, at 1:53 PM, Joe Faust wrote:

      Launch AWES components by electromagnetic railguns?

      Store some of mined energy for the launcher.
      Peaceful use of EMRGs !
      Instead of "weapon" system:  "service launcher system" with one service in the AWES world.
      Rapid insertion of AWES into upper wind?
      Challenge: Designing EMRG that would be more gentle to the projectile.