Re: How will one's AWES wrestle such as this red one:

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2012
      We get a lot of them around here in the zsouthern Californin High Desert when it is calm and sunny. This is the general area where they filmed "Sky King" a million years ago by the way.
      I've been hit by a few dust devils. The tip can be as little as 2 feet in diameter like a little vacuum cleaner. Once I heard a noise like a screaming vaccuum cleaner, looked up, and saw a dust devil enveloping a Joshua tree, singing through the spines. They can also be real big, and go way way up into the sky, visible from far far away. Sometimes we watch trash carried high into the air as they course through neighborhoods. One day recently it was hot, humid, and still, with huge thunderheads all around, and several huge dust-devils visible for miles around. I was waiting for a dust devil to hook up with a thunderhead and turn into a proper tornado, but it never did. The rain sometimes evaporates just as its hitting the ground and you can have a storm that barely gets you wet and leaves the ground dry in the end. We sometimes get winds around here that would be called a hurricane or tornado anywhere normal.
      Signed
      Dusty McDevil

      --- In AirborneWindEnergy@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Faust" <joefaust333@...> wrote:

      > How will one's AWES wrestle with such as this:
      > Guy Films Red Dust Devil <http://youtu.be/7KMKNGX5ZLc> ordust devil at
      > soccer game <http://youtu.be/J9AetzSLc3s> or ? ... bit more: Amazing
      > Standstill Tornado <http://youtu.be/xPTXqzMVFUA>

    • Dave Lang
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2012
        [AWES] Re: How will one's AWES wrestle such as this red on
        I never heard of Dusty McDevil, but that was some fine writing.....thanks Doug!

        At 11:23 PM +0000 9/1/12, Doug wrote:

        We get a lot of them around here in the zsouthern Californin High Desert when it is calm and sunny. This is the general area where they filmed "Sky King" a million years ago by the way.
        I've been hit by a few dust devils. The tip can be as little as 2 feet in diameter like a little vacuum cleaner. Once I heard a noise like a screaming vaccuum cleaner, looked up, and saw a dust devil enveloping a Joshua tree, singing through the spines. They can also be real big, and go way way up into the sky, visible from far far away. Sometimes we watch trash carried high into the air as they course through neighborhoods. One day recently it was hot, humid, and still, with huge thunderheads all around, and several huge dust-devils visible for miles around. I was waiting for a dust devil to hook up with a thunderhead and turn into a proper tornado, but it never did. The rain sometimes evaporates just as its hitting the ground and you can have a storm that barely gets you wet and leaves the ground dry in the end. We sometimes get winds around here that would be called a hurricane or tornado anywhere normal.
        Signed
        Dusty McDevil

        --- In AirborneWindEnergy@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Faust" <joefaust333@...> wrote:

        > How will one's AWES wrestle with such as this:
        > Guy Films Red Dust Devil <http://youtu.be/7KMKNGX5ZLc> ordust devil at
        > soccer game <http://youtu.be/J9AetzSLc3s> or ? ... bit more: Amazing
        > Standstill Tornado <http://youtu.be/xPTXqzMVFUA>

      • Pierre BENHAIEM
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2012

          "The devil is in the details" ,"the devil is in the dust".

          PierreB