DS and DP //Re: [AWES] Re: Airfoil "Curvature Control" as a Makani Design Driver

    Message 1 of 43 , May 18 6:50 AM
      Brian,

      Sorry. The reason to hope that DS was understood on the forum is the fifty or so old messages dealing with the topic. While your eagerness to defend Makani in technical debate is very laudable, the limited preparation is bound to have some effects, and is totally excusable.

      Its impractical for a "professional level" AWES forum to be easy for everyone to understand. DS is of course well understood by RC pros, and RC is just one of the many fields we must be masters of!

      As you can see better now, inverse DS (DP- Dynamic Plummet) in a not-too-rare inverse surface wind gradient is something serious to ponder for high-mass high-speed looping kiteplane operations,

      Message 43 of 43 , May 22 6:30 AM
        Hugh tells me his generators will never make as much power as mine since he uses no iron. His approach is all about smooth operation and home-buildability. He's looking for consistent charging and reliability whereas I'm building hot-rods. Grandpa isn't going to burn out the engine in his econo-box sedan - if you wanna see a lot of blown engines, go to a race track! Racing technology filters eventually to better performance in Grandpa's sedan.