NASA AWES Innovations //Fw: Google Alert - airborne-wind-energy

    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2012
      Bob Silberg of NASA-JPL has written a piece featuring our NASA-LARC pal, Dave North. Its an overview of AWE potential, with an announcement of North's team's recent *ground-based sensing* demonstration for flight autonomy, avoiding high complexity issues of GPS-dependence, extra radio-links, increased control latencies, etc..

      Its great to see JPL drawn into the quest, but the touting of US military advantages clashes with the supposed climate science mission of an ostensibly civilian agency dedicated to international cooperation-