Formal Definition of Kixel (Kixel, Shmixel...)

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2012
      Lets hope this boosts our low self-esteem ;^)

      ==================================

        Kixel: noun   (slang- Kix)
        Derivation: after Pixel, kite + el (element)

      1) In AWE, a Kixel is a single kite element in a raster matrix layout; the smallest addressable and controllable kite element in a kite farm array. Each Kixel's address corresponds to its coordinates in a two dimensional grid (Kvoxel for 3D arrays (See Voxel)).

        Also: Kixmap, Kvoxelmap, Kixellated, Kix-Ass (v).

      ===============Semantic_Reuse_from_Wikipedia====================

      In digital imaging, a pixel, or pel,[1] (picture element[2]) is a single point in a raster image, or the smallest addressable screen element in a display device; it is the smallest unit of picture that can be represented or controlled.
      Each pixel has its own address. The address of a pixel corresponds to its coordinates. Pixels are arranged in a two-dimensional grid, and are often represented using dots or squares.

      =================

      In computer graphics, a raster graphics image, or bitmap, is a dot matrix data structure representing a generally rectangular grid of pixels, or points of color, viewable via a monitor, paper, or other display medium. Raster images are stored in image files with varying formats (see Comparison of graphics file formats).
      A bitmap corresponds bit-for-bit with an image displayed on a screen, generally in the same format used for storage in the display's video memory, or maybe as a device-independent bitmap. A bitmap is technically characterized by the width and height of the image in pixels and by the number of bits per pixel (a color depth, which determines the number of colors it can represent).

      ==================

      A voxel (volumetric pixel or Volumetric Picture Element) is a volume element, representing a value on a regular grid in three dimensional space. This is analogous to a pixel, which represents 2D image data in a bitmap (which is sometimes referred to as a pixmap).
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 7, 2012
        In ordering a mega array of kixels,

        We aim to fine tune the flight characteristics of every single kixel

        A chunk (serial or parallel) of data addressing the line tension vector / tension profile for EVERY kixel needs to be broken down to be interpreted by the specific tension controller for Every kixel tether...

        Therefore a kixel addressing scheme may appear thus...
        kixA1W25%E4%S33%N4%kixA2W25%E4%S33%N4%kixA3W26%E4%S33%N4%
        kixB1W25%E4%S33%N4%kixB2W25%E4%S33%N4%kixB3W26%E4%S33%N4%

        This is a very simple array of 3x2 kixels.
        The kixel A1 has West line tensioner at 25% East at nominal 4% South at 33% North at nominal 4%. This suggests a Nor Nor East wind direction, where the South and West kixel corners are held lower to provide AoA.
        Note this may also be the emergency pull down addressing signal in a South Westerly wind.