Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) Film

  • hectorj84
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 22, 2012
      Does anyone know where I can get a small amount of Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) film to build my own bladder? I'm looking for maybe 50 square feet. I live in the United States, so I wasn't sure if having it shipped from out of state would cost a lot more. I haven't had any luck finding any film that ships from the U.S.

      Thanks.
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 22, 2012
        Perhaps:
        http://www.stevensurethane.com/filmsheet.html
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 23, 2012
          Thanks Joe,
          I'm tempted to buy some too.
          My pvc trampoline repairs abilities are poor.
          Making a torus ring shape could be tricky but maybe possible for a home hobbyist type.
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 23, 2012
            Set of folders are open for group to embellish with adds!

            Folder Bladder materials and supply
            DIY. COTs. Bladder blanks without valves. LE bladders. Strut bladders.

            Folder Case materials and supply
            Zippers? No-zipper cases? Strain gauges?

            Folder Gas and treatments for filling bladders
            Air is the most common filling gas for kite bladders. But what are other choices? And what additives might be helpful? Metering and monitoring fill gases and additives?

            Folder Pressure-keeping systems
            Many systems have no pressure-keeping system besides direct pumping by a person. Bladders that are kept in changing weather, changing altitudes, changing temperatures invite aloft pressure-keeping devices that will release pressure and add pressure as needed. PKS

            Folder Safety-critical incidents involving bladders and their cases

            Folder Valve matters
            Inflate valves. Deflate valves. Valve repair. Over-pressure release. Rapid deflation? One-pump valve. Dump valve. Valve supply?