Multi-Mission Frameless Airship Platform

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 19, 2012

      Multi-Mission Frameless Airship Platform

      Thomas Grimm, Gregory T. Smedley, Reindy Allendra, Kathryn A. Schubel
      [[Their priority date brings a welcome to their AWE Founders' Circle.]]

      Note: Part of this application for patent involves AWES.   Click image for full instruction:

      Application number: 13/099,385
      Publication number: US 2011/0267241 A1
      Filing date: May 3, 2011
      Multi-Mission Frameless Airship Platform (MFAP) leverages composite material science to achieve a frameless lightweight airframe design enabling increased speed, lift and cargo capacity. Deployable/retrievable high-value modules provide enhanced operational and mission flexibility. Unified power electronics enable hybrid integration of propulsion, power generation (e.g. diesel generator, photovoltaic solar, etc.), energy storage and tethered wind-power generation for both on-grid and off-grid electrical power delivery for airborne operations and ground operations. Onboard antenna systems serve as cell phone towers.

      Discuss claims and their other notes.  All are invited.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 20, 2012
        Co-Inventor Greg Smedley and I have met several times in the past. I never knew he had an interest in airships. My advice for anyone filing such patents is to get your stuff built and proven first, even at prototype scale, then file patents for what you end up with. That keeps you focused on what works, rather than what you patented at a time when you had less experience.
        :)

        --- In AirborneWindEnergy@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Faust" <joefaust333@...> wrote:

        > Multi-Mission Frameless Airship PlatformThomas Grimm, Gregory T.
        > Smedley, Reindy Allendra, Kathryn A. Schubel
        > [[Their priority date brings a welcome to their AWE Founders' Circle.]]
        > Note: Part of this application for patent involves AWES. Click image
        > for full instruction:
        >
        > <http://www.google.com/patents?id=UKL8AQAAEBAJ&zoom=4&pg=PA1&ci=91%2C592\
        > %2C763%2C389&source=bookclip> Application number: 13/099,385
        > Publication number:US 2011/0267241 A1
        > Filing date: May 3, 2011Multi-Mission Frameless Airship Platform (MFAP)
        > leverages composite material science to achieve a frameless lightweight
        > airframe design enabling increased speed, lift and cargo capacity.
        > Deployable/retrievable high-value modules provide enhanced operational
        > and mission flexibility. Unified power electronics enable hybrid
        > integration of propulsion, power generation (e.g. diesel generator,
        > photovoltaic solar, etc.), energy storage and tethered wind-power
        > generation for both on-grid and off-grid electrical power delivery for
        > airborne operations and ground operations. Onboard antenna systems serve
        > as cell phone towers.
        > Discuss claims and their other notes. All are invited.

      • joe_f_90032
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 7

          Multi-Mission Frameless Airship Platform

          Publication numberUS5150859 A
          Publication typeGrant
          Application numberUS 07/257,185
          Publication dateSep 29, 1992
          Filing dateOct 11, 1988
          Priority dateDec 22, 1986
          Fee statusPaid
          InventorsThomas F. Ransick
          Original AssigneeSundstrand Corporation
          Export CitationBiBTeXEndNoteRefMan
          External Links: USPTOUSPTO AssignmentEspacenet