Owl-turbine

  • Muzhichkov
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 26, 2011
      Hi everybody! I present my new idea - Owl-turbine. It looks like owl eyes.

      It takes into account advantages and disadvantages of similar devices:

      1. Magnus force move it aloft by rotating of two toroids.

      2. External surface of toroids made from staff with intensified friction. It makes Magnus effect better

      2. Both toroids are inflatable.

      4. Two torids make construction very stable like in catamaran. This help to compensate torque.

      5. Axia are parallel to wind direction. Threre is no bending force on it.

      6. Blades made from two wires and staff between it.

      Please leave comments about it.

    • Robert Copcutt
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 26, 2011
        Alex,

        Nice graphics. The magnus force is pathetically weak but fortunately
        your concept, as drawn, does not rely on it.

        Where are the generators? Getting their mass down to a level where you
        can lift them is difficult.

        Robert.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 26, 2011
          It really based on Magnus effect. Of cause it must be calculated and porbe on model, but Magnus force grow with diameter of cylinder and friction on it surface.
          Generator is downstairs. When a tappet ratates, it causes reciprocating moving of rope.