Simplest Power Wing- The Play Sail (plus corrrections)

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2009
      Perhaps the most primitive (& quite powerful) kite is the Play Sail. I had been trying to track this concept down under the erroneous name "play wing", with little luck. Thanks to Ray Bohn for setting me straight-

      Also, my previous should have read-

      The wind actually runs backwards from what it appears.

      This illusion is due to the fact that global "westerly flow" is in reality rotating east to west with the planet. Sorry!