Kite "Gangline" Definition

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 21 9:03 AM
      Kite Energy is so novel that we must borrow or invent much of the language required to practice it. "Gangline" fills a major gap in our nomenclature & refers to any kiteline along which multiple kite elements are attached. The usage comes from dog sledding-

      gangline -- the line that runs between the dogs and connects to the object being towed. Source: Alaskan Terms Glossary.

      By means of a Gangline large numbers of scale-limited power or lifter kites can be aggregated for utility-scale production. The term applies to many kinds of kite trains, arches, & lattices. Its even natural to imagine hierarchical dendritic "Ganglines of Ganglines", just as a tree branches from trunk to leaves. Without Ganglines its hard to imagine how we could ever get the full potential out of kites.

    • Joe Faust
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 21 6:26 PM

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 21 6:33 PM

          Ellehammer kite with multi-lines ...