Re: Cheap Powerful Highly-Variable Traction for Reelgen AWE

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 24, 2009
      Toward DaveS' focus on cyclic mid-tether variDrogue for pumping fluids or generating electricity.

      Note that the altitude of the mid-tether variDrogue at high and low positions may vary depending on site and application.  Note that the lifter stable kite may be a moderate lifter or a severe lifter. The mechanics and results may span a wide spectrum.

      Scaling of all elements for various purposes seems wide open. With very downwinding stability, vast farms could sprout. Crank or sprag or special hydraulics at the gen groundstation could serve.  I see from toyAWE to utilityAWE in this method class.

      Again, I am looking forward to system having a secondary purpose of lifting goods, water, hang gliders, etc. that get released on the upswing for applications even while the generator continues to crank or pump.