OrthoKiteBunch

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 22, 2009
      Welcome OrthoKiteBunch
      Pierre Benhaïem
      His method and arrangements are open for discussion.
      First contact gave
      videos
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSWORXEy3tE
      AND
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1xKZuah7Z4

      which see its info note there in English and in French.

      Good morning,

      I join links (under my name) of videos with explanations of the new concept of kite generator.

      Best regards
      Pierre Benhaïem

      [ED:
      http://www.energykitesystems.net/notices/2009sep.html
      which see.
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 24, 2009
        The new "Air Hogs Wind Chaser" uses a radio controlled servo to get two-line performance from a single-line kite.  RC might be used to coordinate a large array of kites sweeping across the wind.

        Bob Stuart

      • benhaiemp
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 27, 2009
          Photos and others explanations are on the site.

          For OrthoKite,differences with fig.1 b of US3987987 are:
          the traction is orthogonal and is on one lever arm then the other lever arm,a winch unwinding aline while another winch winding the other line (not simoultaneous traction).So tangential force is optimal,and there is not radial force.It is possible to maintain the optimal force on the best part on the fly window,to right and to left (it is not really possible with only one lever for similar reasons).

          For KiteBunch (seeing the photo on the cover):individual kite lines converge on one point.So the length of the lines can be identical and the kites can be superimposed without excess of space occupation (This device is specially adapted for cross paths).On the contrary with a conventional train of kites,the kites are on the same
          line(s).So the space occupation is very important.Moreover the speed of high and low kites can not be identical.

          Note:the solar balloon jumping is unnecessary for high jump champions!
        • Darin Selby
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 27, 2009
            Where is the link to click on?

            To: AirborneWindEnergy@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 27, 2009
              That first link didn't work, and that second link requires that I sign up for Yahoo before I can view anything.

              To: AirborneWindEnergy@yahoogroups.com
              From: pierre.benhaiem@...
              Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 00:35:40 +0000

            • Dave Culp
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 27, 2009
                Um... this IS a Yahoo Group, after all. Asking you to sign in to use the functionality of a group you are already using--for free--doesn't seem too unreasonable, does it?

                Dave

                FWIW, the photos are screen grabs of a youtube vid. Available--without signing up for yet another free service--here:  http://www.youtube.com/user/volcine

                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 27, 2009
                  I am sorry for links

                  Click on the left on "Photos",then "OrthoKiteBunch",then "KiteBunch and train of kites" (the sixth photo).
                  There also are two video links on the first message from Joe Faust.

                  Pierre Benhaïem
                • Darin Selby
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 27, 2009
                    I was just checking you out, seeing if you're still on the ball.  You pass.

                    To: AirborneWindEnergy@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 27, 2009
                      ;-)

                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 28, 2009

                        photos OrthoKiteBunch then click on the photo with"KiteBunch and train of kites".

                        video with elaborated animation on the first 30 secondes

                        video with simplified animation

                        The form of the last comments gives a good representation of OrthoKiteBunch working:right,left,right,lift...;)

                        Pierre Benhaïem

                      • benhaiemp
                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 12, 2009

                          Here is the new website of  OrthoKiteBunch .

                          A realisation of a prototype for a mockup of OrthoKite with one kite is studied.

                          Pierre Benhaïem

                          OrthoKiteBunch