Re: [AWECS] Dragon kite for (pumping ladder-mill)

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2011
      Alex,

      I was thinking about other known mechanisms (like Dave Lang's reel concept), most of them more complex. You seem to have hit on a very clever simple solution, the only suggestion is to use an eccentric flywheel mass to set the crankshaft to an opposed-phase for self-starting. A tunable flywheel might be needed to adjust to varying  resonant frequency at different wind speeds. When you refine your animation you might make a nice looping GIF to run "perpetually".

      This design can be tested with just a single kite & would be a great advance for Low Complexity AWE if it works as well as it looks.

      daveS