11110Re: [AWES] GRP distinguish from CRP or CFRP

  • Rod Read
    Jan 24, 2014
      General Rebounding Pole

      A boingey stick
      not a pulley rope

      Obviously I will apply a more quantified and qualified answer when I have the data

      Rod Read

      Windswept and Interesting Limited
      15a Aiginis
      Isle of Lewis
      HS2 0PB

      07899057227
      01851 870878

      On 24 January 2014 16:21, <joefaust333@...> wrote:

      How will be our habit on

      "glass-reinforced plastic" or "glass-reinforced polymer"
      GRP  ?

      versus

      "carbon-reinforced plastic" or "carbon-reinforced polymer" where the carbon fiber sometimes is referred to as graphite.
      CRP  or CFRP ?

      The literature sometimes is confusing for the "G"    as it wrestles with "glass" or with "graphite."     Glass is not a carbon item.

      Example, I am not sure what Rod Read is intending when he writes GRP.
      In either case the rods employed are compounds; the fibers involved will be a result of choices facing many factors.

      ~ JoeF

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic