wiring an airwire rec/decoder into a trail boxcar

  • jerry hansen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 9, 2008
      Can any of you electrical guru's out there explain or show a diagram
      (simplified, please i'm electrically challenged) how to hook up an
      airwire decoder in a battery boxcar which already has the rcs/bik 10
      trail car battery module with charger jack already installed in it?? I
      have everything hooked up in battery car to run engines with TE, or
      have engine with qsi sound and g-wire in it already. Want to have a
      battery car that will hook up to anything and have Airwire control.
      Thanks ahead of time. The Regal

      P.S. I have already seen airwire diagrams, and also rcs. I am looking
      for just a simplified way of hooking up the decoder to the engine side
      believe i know already where to hook wires from rcs battery setup. thanks
    • JONATHAN BLIESE
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 9, 2008
        The rcs Module already has an output designed to feed power to a radio
        control throttle. So.just connect that output to the power inputs of the
        Airwire board. There are two ways you can use the RCS module. It has
        suppression on it for connection after the motor outputs, or you can simply
        jumper them in place and use the suppression outputs to feed the AirWire
        board. If this is not clear, give me a call.

        Jonathan/EMW